[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Taylor signs with Vikes

CaP'N GRuNGe

He was drafted out of Jackson State and played runningback for the Vikings from 1978 through 1983. He came to the Vikings as a free agent in 1978, but never developed into the back they had hoped for so other than spot duty as a starter he never became the Vikings featured back for their running game.

735169[/snapback]

Did the Vikes ever have a featured back? It's been so long, I can't remember.

but think he might have given them some of that big play potential that is obviously gone. JMHO.

Travis f'ing Taylor. :shakes head:

735089[/snapback]

Considering Minnie averaged near 30 points/game in Moss' absence, more focus should be paid to the defensive side of the ball. I just can't see spending big money on any receiver, especially not Burress.

Throw all the cap room on defense.

Is T Holt gonna be starting in the secondary this yr??

735173[/snapback]

It seems like they're going to give him every opportunity to be the starting FS... Marion is on a downhill slope, and they need to see whether or not Holt is the answer. My gut feel is that he'll play pretty well this year, but that's hoping the rest of the secondary stays healthy.

I'm sure they prefer Burress.  But the NFL Network reports Plaxico Burress turned down a six-year, $36 million contract from the Vikings that included a $9 million roster bonus. (blurb taken from RotoWorld).  Can't blame them for not exceeding that offer.

735108[/snapback]

Correct, The vikes offered a one year deal. Burress did not want it. The Vikes Compromised with a 6yr/36 million contract with a 9mil signing bonus that would be deferred until 2006. The Vikes could release Burress after this year if he didn't produce. Burress didn't like that either.

link

What do the vikes do now? Draft Mike Williams @ #7 or try to push the Pllaxico signing. Personally i don't think we should go for plax and just start new with Mike Williams.

Plax is a good WR but i could just see him bitching about not getting enough balls thrown his way, or somthing.

What route do we take now?

Considering Minnie averaged near 30 points/game in Moss' absence

735214[/snapback]

The Vikes O without Moss, scored 114 points , which averages out to 22.8 points per game scored.

Their opponents over that 5 game stretch:

Tenn - Win 20 - 3

NY Giants - Loss 13 - 34

Colts - Loss 28 - 31

Packers - Loss 31 - 34

Lions - Win 22 - 19

On the other hand, the Vikes D surrendered 121 over that same five game span, averaging out to 24.2 points per game given up.

That 24.2 per game avg. includes the game against the Titans, where they only gave up 3. :bigshock: :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Travis Taylor is very fast and a very good run blocker (for a WR). However, this guy can't catch sheet. If he ran naked down a back alley in China, he wouldn't catch SARS. Dropped passes, numerous false starts and the frequent deflection to a defender are all reasons fans in Baltimore where not happy to see this guy back last year. The worst thing CPep can do is hit Travis in the numbers as he will tip it into the air for the nearest defender to pluck from the air. Ask Elvis Grbac and Jeff Blake about that.

Baltimore fans love their Ravens. Few liked this guy on their team.

Last year when he was injured (leg), he used is off time to be on TLCs 'A Baby Story'. What a pud.

Edited by Big Red

Did the Vikes ever have a featured back? It's been so long, I can't remember.

735203[/snapback]

Robert Smith ring a bell? Don't make me come down to WP and kick your arse.  :D

735217[/snapback]

What about Disco Darin Nelson...or was that Sammy Davis Jr...maybe separated at birth.

735219[/snapback]

Terry Allen was a pretty good one too.

735771[/snapback]

And perhaps the greatest of them all... Jarvis Redwine. :D

I've met Teddy Brown. The last time I was at camp, the woman next to me mentioned that the kids she brought along that day were Teddy's. Of course most of the current Vikes could only say...

...Who's Teddy?"

Edited by MikesVikes