[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock Draft

Nomis

Mock Draft - Round One.

1.01 - San Francisco 49ers

QB Aaron Rodgers California

1.02 – Miami Dolphins

RB Ronnie Brown Auburn

1.03 – Cleveland Browns

OLB Derrick Johnson Texas

1.04 – Chicago Bears

WR Braylon Edwards Michigan

1.05 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers

RB Carnell Williams

1.06 – Tennessee Titans

CB Antrel Rolle Miami

1.07 – Minnesota Vikings

WR Mike Williams USC

1.08 – Arizona Cardinals

OT Alex Barron Florida State

1.09 – Washington Redskins

QB Alex Smith Utah

1.10 – Detroit Lions

DE Marcus Spears LSU

1.11 – Dallas Cowboys

CB Adam Jones West Virginia

1.12 – San Diego Chargers

DE Erasmus James Wisconsin

1.13 – Houston Texans

OLB Shawne Merriman Maryland

1.14 – Carolina Panthers

RB Cedric Benson Texas

1.15 – Kansas City Chiefs

CB Carlos Rogers Auburn

1.16 – New Orleans Saints

FS Thomas Davis Georgia

1.17 – Cincinnati Bengals

DT Antaaj Hawthorne Wisconsin

1.18 - Minnesota Vikings

DE Shaun Cody USC

1.19 - St. Louis Rams

OT Jamaal Brown Oklahoma

1.20 - Dallas Cowboys

OT Khalif Barnes Washington

1.21 – Jacksonville Jaguars

DE David Pollack Georgia

1.22 – Baltimore Ravens

WR Troy Williamson South Carolina

1.23 – Seattle Seahawks

DT Travis Johnson Florida State

1.24 – Green Bay Packers

DT Mike Patterson USC

1.25 – Denver Broncos

CB Justin Miller Clemson

1.26 – New York Jets

TE Heath Miller Virginia

1.27 – Atlanta Falcons

OT Adam Terry Syracuse

1.28 - San Diego Chargers

WR Mark Clayton Oklahoma

1.29 – Indianapolis Colts

OLB Kevin Burnett Tennessee

1.30 – Pittsburgh Steelers

CB Fabian Washington Nebraska

1.31 – Philadelphia Eagles

RB Kay-Jay Harris West Virginia

1.32 – New England Patriots

ILB Ernest Shazor Michigan

Well, I debated about having Tampa taking Mike W. instead, but I know Gruden likes Caddy.

Well this is my first Mock, so I would be surprised if everyone liked it.

I would like everyones feedback.

Edited by Nomis

Well, I debated about having Tampa taking Mike W. instead, but I know Gruden like Caddy.

Well this is my first Mock, so I would be surprised if everyone liked it.

I would like everyones feedback.

736448[/snapback]

Gruden coached Caddy in the Senior Bowl and was really impressed with him there. But, Mike Williams is from Tampa and the Bucs had over 12 players/personal there for his workout last week. Michael Clayton was even there and was quoted as saying he would push the team to pick Williams. Whether this is a huge smokescreen is yet to be seen. Good job on your Mock though.

I don't believe the Ravens will spend their #1 (or a top 3) on a WR unless it is an unbelievable bargain.

Derrick Mason is signed for the long term. Hymes is in his 4th year (3rd healthy) and Moore/Darling where drafted last year.

My bet is we go with either an Offensive Lineman, Defensive Lineman or a Linebacker, depending on the value.

Why would Carolina draft Cedric Benson?  Isn't Davis coming back and Deshaun Foster is still a good alternative............

736688[/snapback]

Davis underwent micro-fracture surgery on his knee. At his age, I suspect his career is over. Foster certainly has potential as a replacement, but he too has an injury history. I don't think it's completely out of line for them to think RB.

Davis underwent micro-fracture surgery on his knee.  At his age, I suspect his career is over.  Foster certainly has potential as a replacement, but he too has an injury history.  I don't think it's completely out of line for them to think RB.

736757[/snapback]

Yeah but if apply that same sort of logic there are a few teams ahead of Carolina they should all be picking RB's also.

Cleveland William Green has been a bust and Lee Suggs hasn't shown he can be an every down back

Chicago needs a RB more than they need a WR. They just signed Mushin Muhammed and Anthony Thomas is a UFA

Tennessee Chris Brown appears to be injury prone and they have no depth behind him

Arizona has Troy Hambrick, Shipp who didn't play at all last year and Damien Anderson.

Out of all those situations I think Carolina is in the best position at RB........

Yeah but if apply that same sort of logic there are a few teams ahead of Carolina they should all be picking RB's also.

Cleveland William Green has been a bust and Lee Suggs hasn't shown he can be an every down back

Chicago needs a RB more than they need a WR.  They just signed Mushin Muhammed and Anthony Thomas is a UFA

Tennessee Chris Brown appears to be injury prone and they have no depth behind him

Arizona has Troy Hambrick, Shipp who didn't play at all last year and Damien Anderson.

Out of all those situations I think Carolina is in the best position at RB........

736827[/snapback]

How exactly is Carolina in better shape than the rest of these teams. Davis is done. The operation he had is not routine, and there are just as many who can't fully recover as there are those who have. Factor in his age and he might as well retire now. Foster is a question mark as well. He's already missed nearly two of three seasons due to injury. Nick Goings made a splash last year, but the coaching staff has already said they don't believe he could be their long term featured back. That's a lot of question marks.

No doubt and argument could be made for any of these teams to draft a RB, including Carolina.

How exactly is Carolina in better shape than the rest of these teams.  Davis is done.  The operation he had is not routine, and there are just as many who can't fully recover as there are those who have.  Factor in his age and he might as well retire now.  Foster is a question mark as well.  He's already missed nearly two of three seasons due to injury.  Nick Goings made a splash last year, but the coaching staff has already said they don't believe he could be their long term featured back.  That's a lot of question marks.

No doubt and argument could be made for any of these teams to draft a RB, including Carolina.

736901[/snapback]

Well yeah you can say that about being unsure about Davis because of the surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1925266

The Panthers downplayed the severity of Davis' procedure Wednesday. Backup running back DeShaun Foster had the same procedure in 2002 and didn't miss a beat, but wide receiver Patrick Jeffers had it and never played again.

"I think everybody is different," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "Stephen is competitive and has drive and determination. It was just done and it will be a process that takes several months. We'll take it as it goes."

I wouldn't completely rule him out but I would say 50/50.

The difference is this year Foster would be the #1 and Davis would be backing him up. I also think out of all those teams Foster is the best RB and being healthy Davis is better than any of those other teams RB's. I would think that losing Mushin Muhammed and considering Steve Smith is coming off of a leg injury WR would be a more pressing need..........

Well yeah you can say that about being unsure about Davis because of the surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1925266

I wouldn't completely rule him out but I would say 50/50.

The difference is this year Foster would be the #1 and Davis would be backing him up.  I also think out of all those teams Foster is the best RB and being healthy Davis is better than any of those other teams RB's.  I would think that losing Mushin Muhammed and considering Steve Smith is coming off of a leg  injury WR would be a more pressing need..........

736948[/snapback]

They could go either way. I haven't heard much regarding Smith's injury lately. Not sure how he is doing. They have starters at both positions coming off surgery.

If Benson fell to the Panthers at #14 they would draft him. Not out of need, but because he would be the best player available. But I don't believe he will be there. Arizona WILL take either Benson or Alex Smith whichever is left at the 8th pick.

Panthers IMO will take either Alex Barron, Heath Miller, or Troy Williamson.

Why would Carolina draft Cedric Benson?  Isn't Davis coming back and Deshaun Foster is still a good alternative............

736688[/snapback]

Not to mention Goings?? Don't see that happenning IMO...Carolina will from talks..go after a WR or DB...an RB--doubt it until 3rd or 4th round...

Not to mention Goings??  Don't see that happenning IMO...Carolina will from talks..go after a WR or DB...an RB--doubt it until 3rd or 4th round...

737606[/snapback]

I agree RB in not a need, but the Panthers philosophy is to take the best player available. My point was IF Benson was available at 14 they would take him. Or at least trade with someone else for the right to draft him.

They would not however just pass him by.