[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post your fantasy baseball teams

whomper

Im in 2 leagues.And one rbi League.I had my first draft today.Heres what I have.

12 team league

Starters

C Victor Martinez

1b. Sean Casey

2b Alphonso Soriano

ss Rafael Furcal

3b Adrian Beltre

of Moises alou

of J.D. Drew

of Steve Finley

DH Jeff Bagwell

sp Jason Schmidt

sp Freddie Garcia

sp Livan Hernandez

rp Octavio Dotel

Reserves

C JD Closser

1b Phil Nevin

2b Brian Roberts

3b Ty Wiggington

ss Alex Cintron

of Dave Roberts

of Matt Holliday

sp Sidney Ponson

sp Scott Kasmir

rp Baez

Edited by whomper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just drafted my 2nd team today and I'm VERY happy.

C: LoDuca

1B: Ortiz

2B: Utley

3B: Wright

SS: Tejada

CI: Casey

MI: Young

OF: Sheffield

OF: Patterson

OF: Damon

OF: Giles

OF: Crisp

Util: Castilla

Bench: Sanchez, Walker, Grissom

SPs: Mussina, Perez (Pit), Pettitte, Arroyo, Rogers

RPs: Cordero, Baez, Takatsu, Gordon, Gonzalez, Worrell

Perfect balance of big bats, speed and average. Decent pitching staff, but championships are won with OFFENSE, on the waiver wire, and through trades. I figure I'll pick up some solid SPs through the course of the season.

Edit: Picked 5th, and passed on Soriano for Tejada. I think the O's are gonna score a gripload of runs. I have Tejada down for 35/140 hitting .300. I got Young super cheap, and have SS/MI covered. Tough spots to fill. I panicked a bit in a middle round and grabbed LoDuca. Was trying to figure out a good middle-of-the-road SP, and nearly ran out of time. I think LoDuca will settle in with the new team and could easily hit 25/100 with a solid average. I love Patterson, and quite frankly, my entire OF. Got Giles cheap. I think Casey, if healthy, can be huge. Utley and Wright will have to live up to expectations, or I'll hit the wire.

Edited by darin3

I took this team over this year and the first group are the guys I drafted... No exact order listed.

Feliz, Pedro 1B

Giles, Marcus 2B

DeJesus, David CF

Rios, Alexis 3B/OF

Patterson, Corey OF

Holliday, Matt OF

Burnitz, Jeromy OF

Johnson, Randy SP

Zambrano, Carlos SP

Aquino, Greg RP

Dempster, Ryan CL

Atkins, Garret 3B

Edited by broncosn05

I took this team over this year and the first group are the guys I drafted...  No exact order listed.

Feliz, Pedro 1B

Giles, Marcus 2B

DeJesus, David CF

Rios, Alexis 3B/OF

Patterson, Corey OF

Holliday, Matt OF

Burnitz, Jeromy OF

Johnson, Randy SP

Zambrano, Carlos SP

Aquino, Greg RP

Dempster, Ryan CL

Atkins, Garret            3B

742893[/snapback]

I don't think Dempster's gonna close, FYI. Looked like he had an outside chance of taking the job, but he's better suited to starting, and with Prior and Wood hurting, he will have to start. Add in the fact that Borowski has been lights-out this spring. Better look elsewhere.

DeJesus could be a nice surprise, but you gotta be patient. I hope he's not a starter. Ditto on Atkins. He'll need a few months to get up to speed. I love Zambrano and The Unit. Burnitz is gonna kill your AVG. Rios could potentially break out with Delgado gone.

Pretty good team, especially if 12-team league.

our league is not auction so its a little easier to draft..you guys have nice teams..

broncos ..I love Holliday

Darin..Utley can be a sweet sleeper and make Tejada over soriano even easier ..

broncos ..I love Holliday

742912[/snapback]

[/quote/]

Keep your eyes on Garret Atkins too. 3B CO. Take in consideration that I am a homer with the Coors Factor.

742919[/snapback]

Im in a strictly rbi league were you draft 7 guys and count your best 5 and its just total rbis no trades no free agent whoever you draft you use no matter what..I need a coors field guy on that team..preston wilson scares me..

Team #1 - 10 Team H2H 6X6 (K's are negative hitting category and L's are negative pitching category):

C - Victor Martinez

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Marcus Giles

3B - Aubrey Huff

SS - Rafael Furcal

IF - Justin Morneau

OF - Ichiro Suzuki

OF - Vernon Wells

OF - Kevin Mench

UT - Brad Wilkerson

Bench: Trot Nixon, Alex Sanchez, Kaz Matsui

SP:

Oliver Perez

Mark Mulder

Kevin Brown

Joel Pineiro

Kelvim Escobar

Horacio Ramirez

Erik Bedard

RP:

Joe Nathan

Danny Kolb

Miguel Batista

Mike Adams

Joe Borowski

Juan Rincon

TEAM #2 - 12 Team H2H 5X5 (OBP used instead of AVG -draft still ongoing):

C - Javy Lopez

1B - Justin Morneau

2B - Brian Roberts

3B - David Wright

SS - Jimmy Rollins

OF - Barry Bonds (ouch)

OF - Lance Berkman

OF - Vernon Wells

UT - Troy Glaus

Bench: Ray Durham, Nick Johnson, Pat Burrell, Eric Byrnes, Austin Kearns

SP:

Ben Sheets

Tim Hudson

Livan Hernandez

Andy Pettitte

RP:

Octavio Dotel

Chad Cordero

Team #1 - 10 Team H2H 6X6 (K's are negative hitting category and L's are negative pitching category):

C - Victor Martinez

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Marcus Giles

3B - Aubrey Huff

SS - Rafael Furcal

IF - Justin Morneau

OF - Ichiro Suzuki

OF - Vernon Wells

OF - Kevin Mench

UT - Brad Wilkerson

SP:

Oliver Perez

Mark Mulder

Kevin Brown

Joel Pineiro

Kelvim Escobar

Horacio Ramirez

Erik Bedard

RP:

Joe Nathan

Danny Kolb

Miguel Batista

Mike Adams

Joe Borowski

Juan Rincon

C - Javy Lopez

1B - Justin Morneau

2B - Brian Roberts

3B - David Wright

SS - Jimmy Rollins

OF - Barry Bonds (ouch)

OF - Lance Berkman

OF - Vernon Wells

UT - Troy Glaus

SP:

Ben Sheets

Tim Hudson

Livan Hernandez

Andy Pettitte

RP:

Octavio Dotel

Chad Cordero

742922[/snapback]

[/quot

Team 2 is good Team 1 is going to be a force to be reckoned with..Are you happy with your starting pitching in team 1?.If Mulder gets back to form you should be set.I like Perez a lot too..

A healthy Bonds gives you a great outfield in team 2

Are you happy with your starting pitching in team 1?.If Mulder gets back to form you should be set.I like Perez a lot too..

742930[/snapback]

I am fairly happy with my pitching.  I really like my bats on that team, and I also really like Perez a lot.  I owned him in two leagues last year and he was a stud...the only place he lacks is the wins category because of his team, but everywhere else he was pretty much as good as any pitcher not named Santana or Johnson.  There are definitely some questions with Brown and Pinerio, but I think I have enough sleepers there to get what I need out of my starters, and my bullpen should be pretty dangerous too I think. Plus you can always scavenge a solid SP or two during the year off the waiver wire if you pay attention.

A healthy Bonds gives you a great outfield in team 2

Yeah, but it's going to suck for a month or so until Bonds and Berkman return. If both can come back healthy, I'll be smiling for the second half. I only have one more pick to make in that draft, and I really need some more pitching on that team. Once the season begins I should be able to DL Bonds and Berkman for a little while and pick a couple of pitchers off the wire, our benches aren't that deep in that league so there should still be some mid-level quality there, that's why I went so heavy on the bats. I'll also probably dump Nick Johnson, I like the kid a lot, but I really don't have use for him...that pick was just a case of my personal preferences of a player getting the best of my drafting decision.

Edited by Skrappy1

I am fairly happy with my pitching.  I really like my bats on that team, and I also really like Perez a lot.  I owned him in two leagues last year and he was a stud...the only place he lacks is the wins category because of his team, but everywhere else he was pretty much as good as any pitcher not named Santana or Johnson.  There are definitely some questions with Brown and Pinerio, but I think I have enough sleepers there to get what I need out of my starters, and my bullpen should be pretty dangerous too I think. Plus you can always scavenge a solid SP or two during the year off the waiver wire if you pay attention.

Yeah, but it's going to suck for a month or so until Bonds and Berkman return. If both can come back healthy, I'll be smiling for the second half. I only have one more pick to make in that draft, and I really need some more pitching on that team.  Once the season begins I should be able to DL Bonds and Berkman for a little while and pick a couple of pitchers off the wire, our benches aren't that deep in that league so there should still be some mid-level quality there, that's why I went so heavy on the bats.  I'll also probably dump Nick Johnson, I like the kid a lot, but I really don't have use for him...that pick was just a case of my personal preferences of a player getting the best of my drafting decision.

742938[/snapback]

I like Morneau too..How long is berkman out?

I like Morneau too..How long is berkman out?

742944[/snapback]

From what I've been reading, it looks like he should be back sometime in May. He's been hitting off a tee, and he was given clearance to start running last week. As long as there's no setbacks it shouldn't be too long.

BTW Whomper, I like your team a lot in a 12 team league.  Is the scoring in that league a category system or a points league (or is that the RBI league)?

742957[/snapback]

its a head to head points league

1b 3points

2b 5

3b 25

hr 15

sb 5

rbi 1

bb 2

k -3

pitching

k 3

bb -2

w 7

loss -12

save 5

bs -7

ip 1

plus bonuses for complete games grand slams pefrect games no hitters cycle

I draft team 2 tomorrow and rbi on wednesday

its a head to head points league

1b 3points

2b  5

3b  25

hr   15

sb  5

rbi  1

bb   2

k -3

742977[/snapback]

That's a strange scoring system you guys got there, where triples are worth almost double as are HRs! :D I know they are more rare, but that seems an odd reason to make them so much more valuable. :D I guess whoever has Chone Figgins must be smiling?

Edited by Skrappy1

That's a strange scoring system you guys got there, where triples are worth almost double as are HRs!  :D I know they are more rare, but that seems an odd reason to make them so much more valuable. :D I guess whoever has Chone Figgins must be smiling?

742990[/snapback]

Triples are a lot harder to come by than HRs..I picked up chone off waivers last year.he was great.We wanted to get carl crawford for that reason but we waited too long.

C - Victor Martinez

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Marcus Giles

3B - Aubrey Huff

SS - Rafael Furcal

IF - Justin Morneau

OF - Ichiro Suzuki

OF - Vernon Wells

OF - Kevin Mench

UT - Brad Wilkerson

SP:

Oliver Perez

Mark Mulder

Kevin Brown

Joel Pineiro

Kelvim Escobar

Horacio Ramirez

Erik Bedard

RP:

Joe Nathan

Danny Kolb

Miguel Batista

Mike Adams

Joe Borowski

Juan Rincon

C - Javy Lopez

1B - Justin Morneau

2B - Brian Roberts

3B - David Wright

SS - Jimmy Rollins

OF - Barry Bonds (ouch)

OF - Lance Berkman

OF - Vernon Wells

UT - Troy Glaus

SP:

Ben Sheets

Tim Hudson

Livan Hernandez

Andy Pettitte

RP:

Octavio Dotel

Chad Cordero

742922[/snapback]

On your first team, I noticed you have Sanchez on your bench. I drafted him very late in my draft yesterday and then read that he was dropped by the Tigers and picked up by the D-Rays. Because Crawford is not going to move from the lead-off spot, Sanchez is probably going to bat at the end of the order. Not good. FYI. Your first team is a monster though. Pujols and Ichiro will be nice anchors. Solid pitching. Your second team could be big in the 2nd half... with Berkman and Bonds hurting. Solid 1-2 punch with Sheets & Huddy, though. Good luck.

Team 1 (10 team 5x5 roto)

C - Kendall

1B - Teixeira

2B - Loretta

3B - Blalock

SS - Nomah

OF - Beltran

OF - Drew

OF - Rowand

Util - Casey

Util - Crisp

Bench - J. Reed

SP - Schilling

SP - Smoltz

RP - K Rod

RP - BJ Ryan

P - Tsao

P - Borowski

P - Fatolo Colon

Bench - Wells

Bench - Wade Miller

Bench - Noah Lowry

Team 2 (15 team 6x6 (OPS and L) roto)

C - VMart

1B - Konerko

2B - Roberts

3B - Figgins

SS - Young

OF - Cabrera

OF - Giles

OF - Burnitz

Util - Overbay

Bench - J. Reed

Bench - Ensberg

Bench - C. Monroe

SP - Schmidt

SP - Radke

SP - Maddux

RP - Nathan

RP - Borowski

P - Rincon

P - Linebrink

P - Brazoban

Bench - Lowry

Bench - Wade Miller

Bench Eric Milton

I'm happy with Team 1 as of right now, but I will need a little luck on the injury side in order for my pitching to pan out (i.e. I need Schil and Miller to spend as little time on DL as possible). My offense there is stacked, in my opinion - I expect big things from Rowand and Crisp - only chink in the armor I see is Kendall.

Team 2 - I've never been in a 15 team league before, so it's hard for me to tell how I made out. Being used to 10 and 12 team leagues, Team 2 looks flat out pathetic to me - lack of power and speed on O, no Ks outside of Schmidt as far as pitching goes.

As you may have guessed, I really like Jeremy Reed and Noah Lowry - if they both have strong years, I could be in even better shape. My hand was somewhat forced with Borowski, but he appears to be back in 2003 form from what I'm reading - could be a pleasant surprise. W/r/t Team 1, I plan to grab some MRs to shore up my ratios once I am able to move Miller (and possibly Schilling) to the DL - I'm big on playing MRs as much as possible.