[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Opening weekend

justin

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that the Ravens will host the Indy Colts on September 11 - the opening Sunday night game of the week. I am exicted about this one.

From the Baltimore Sun:

Also Monday, the NFL announced the Ravens will open the season on Sept. 11 by hosting the Indianapolis Colts on ESPN's Sunday Night Football. It makrs the first time in the franchise's 10 years in Baltimore that it will open on national television.

"What an opportunity for the team and for our fans," head coach Brian Billick said in a release. "Our fans will really enjoy this. I can already hear their enthusiasm."

The complete NFL schedule will be announced at a later date.

Edited by justin

So much for that theory that the Colts would face New England in the season-opener again. . .

744470[/snapback]

I wrote this a couple months ago.........

Indy finished the 2003 season with a LOSS at New England (AFC Championship)

Indy opened the 2004 season (same night the banner was unveiled) with a LOSS at NE

Indy Finished their 2004 season with a LOSS at NE.

Will the NFL be cruel enough to have Indy watch another Championship banner raising celebration at NE on opening night?

The answer, evidently, is NO.

I think the NFL should reward San Diego with that slot, not a chump like Randy Moss. If Moss is not playing for Oakland, are they in this slot??????

Edited by Patsfan04

Nope.  It's official.  Oakland at New England.

744645[/snapback]

Right you are, Hook.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...hursday_opener/

What I don't get is why Al Davis is all bent out of shape about this. :D He's calling it "payback" on the league's part, forcing OAK to play against the "NFL's model franchise" on the road in the opener. Is he implying that his own franchise is not the model and the league is rubbing it in his face? What exactly is this "payback" he's talking about? The way I see it, it's a crappy team (last year) who inexplicably gets a national TV stage to try to knock off the defending champs.

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that the Ravens will host the Indy Colts on September 11 - the opening Sunday night game of the week.  I am exicted about this one.

From the Baltimore Sun:

744383[/snapback]

:D Already looking forward to it...