[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bruschi Update

nhoops

If Bruschi retires, the deal would be voided, but if he sits out 2005, he could be paid his full salary if the Patriots place him on the physically unable to perform list. If they put him on the non-football-related injury list, they would not be obligated to pay him his salary but still might choose to do so, as the Panthers did with Fields in 2003.

If Bruschi retired before June 1, the Patriots would face a daunting salary cap escalation of more than $2.6 million, the pro-rated portion of the signing bonus, which could not be spread over the four-year length of a nonexistent deal.

Sitting out a year may work in the best interest of all parties, because the immediate salary cap hit would be avoided by the Patriots, while Bruschi would have a year to regain his health and receive his $850,000 salary.

Sounds to me like he's done, as he will be 32 next year. Pats will miss him, as will the fans.

If Bruschi retires, the deal would be voided, but if he sits out 2005, he could be paid his full salary if the Patriots place him on the physically unable to perform list. If they put him on the non-football-related injury list, they would not be obligated to pay him his salary but still might choose to do so, as the Panthers did with Fields in 2003.

746798[/snapback]

It would be sad if Tedy sits out and the Pats refuse to pay him after the way he's played for them, and the loyalty he has shown.

I hope they do the right thing......

Robert Kraft has always been a straight shooter. He honored the full contract of Robert Edwards after the volleyball incident. I see no reason why he would treat Teddy B any differently.

I think Kraft will do the right thing here. If Bruschi is done at least he went out on top!

Kid City...Edwards was injured in a sand football game at the Probowl.

I think Kraft will do the right thing here.  If Bruschi is done at least he went out on top!

Kid City...Edwards was injured in a sand football game at the Probowl.

747477[/snapback]

Same thing. :D