Dallas Cowboys

spain

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Cowboys biggest need is a wide receiver? Jason Witten is the best wr on that team. I know everyone is projecting the Cowboys to go defense, either DL or LB. And there defense really was not that good last year. People are saying that they may switch to the 3-4 next year, which will require a change in personnel. But I believe they need to try to get a wr worse than they need a front 7 guy. Maybe even attempt to trade up to get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. Or maybe stay put and take Williamson. Am I way off base here Polk fans?

Parcells and Jones are pretty high on Crayton from what I hear, so they may not feel like they need to go after a WR in the first. Getting down to where they could pick up Edwards or Williams will cost them more than they are willing to pay.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Cowboys biggest need is a wide receiver?  Jason Witten is the best wr on that team.  I know everyone is projecting the Cowboys to go defense, either DL or LB.  And there defense really was not that good last year.  People are saying that they may switch to  the 3-4 next year, which will require a change in personnel.  But I believe they need to try to get a wr worse than they need a front 7 guy.  Maybe even attempt to trade up to get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams.  Or maybe stay put and take Williamson.  Am I way off base here Polk fans?

747926[/snapback]

I don't think we'll change to a 3-4 no matter what. Expect a WR in the 2nd round. A QB in the 4th or vice versa (sp?).

I really think the Cowboys will take what is handed to them there. A WR will be drafted in the first 2 rounds, but they are still going to build around defense. Too many holes on this team to be drafting by position instead of the best player available theory.

Most likely Dallas will trade one of the picks out of the first round or either they will bundle to jump way up. Jerry won't stick with what he has...that is a given.

I don't think we'll change to a 3-4 no matter what.  Expect a WR in the 2nd round.  A QB in the 4th or vice versa (sp?).

747933[/snapback]

Pretty sure the change to a 3-4 is a forgone conclusion at this point Club.

Bringing in Furgie and cutting Coakley pretty much assured that and everything I have read is the change to a 3-4 is a done deal.

What makes you say they won't change?

Dallas will not go to the 3-4 ... they still do not have the LB's to do so. The Howard trade talk tells a lot.

If Dallas gets Howard do you really think they will not go with these four on the line?

Howard - Ellis - Glover - Ferguson :eek:

They draft a LB with the 1.11 pick and possibly a S with the 1.20.

They will without a doubt get a WR in the 2nd unless another position player drops to them that they thought would be gone.

Pretty sure the change to a 3-4 is a forgone conclusion at this point Club.

Bringing in Furgie and cutting Coakley pretty much assured that and everything I have read is the change to a 3-4 is a done deal.

What makes you say they won't change?

748492[/snapback]

Well, I agree with KState, except I like E. James with the 1.20 or Sarge's idea of moving down in exchange for a 3rd round pick. I'd also add I don't like Glover in a 3-4 and it appears he's not going anywhere. If Glover departs, I'd take that and not Coakley as a sign we are gogin to the 3-4.

Dallas will not go to the 3-4 ... they still do not have the LB's to do so. The Howard trade talk tells a lot.

If Dallas gets Howard do you really think they will not go with these four on the line?

Howard - Ellis - Glover - Ferguson :eek:

They draft a LB with the 1.11 pick and possibly a S with the 1.20.

They will without a doubt get a WR in the 2nd unless another position player drops to them that they thought would be gone.

748726[/snapback]

Dallas is going to use both the 3-4 and 4-3. Kalen Thorton and Scott Shanle are two guys Parcells likes and they are 3-4 LB's. Notice the Cowboys are hanging on to Ngyuen and most likely that is for the 4-3 package.

What Dallas desparately needs is another good safety so Roy Williams can do his damage in either of the two defensive settings. Quite possibly with another good safety Terrence Newman might not have looked so bad last year and especially with a little more pressure on the QB.

If I were to be ranking needs through the draft for the Cowboys it would be safety, left or right tackle, defensive or nose tackle, wide receiver, corner, and qb in that order. Ihave a suspicion they are going to have Dantzler playing safety in NFL Europe and he will be the return guy this year for the Cowboys...heck he may even play a little QB at times for them!

Someone was talking about receivers earlier. Copper and Crayton both started to come around late last year and I don't feel so bad about that group right now, but if you have one of the big 2 sitting to pick in the draft when your number is called it will be hard to pass on them!

If I were to be ranking needs through the draft for the Cowboys it would be safety, left or right tackle, defensive or nose tackle, wide receiver, corner, and qb in that order. Ihave a suspicion they are going to have Dantzler playing safety in NFL Europe and he will be the return guy this year for the Cowboys...heck he may even play a little QB at times for them!

749158[/snapback]

:D

Like the Dantzler idea.

Flozell will rebound this year. Jacob Rogers is the key. I cannot believe yet that dude's a slug. If he is we're thin with Tucker and Vollers but not #11 or #20 thin, IMHO. I don't think we need any help on the defensive line, especially (sp?) if the Howard trade goes through. Safety can be a little weak this year but I think the improvement Henry will make will make that hole in the secondary less painful.

I guess for me a perfect draft would be something like this:

1. #11 Merriman

2. #20 trade away for 2nd round pick and take Chris Henry with that 2nd round pick

3. Trade away one of our two current second round picks due to #2 above in a deal for Howard

4. Crack a beer and let you guys handle Round 4 to the end.

:D

Perfect Cowboy Draft.

1.11 Merriman or Johnson falls

1.20 - trade down to 1.27 and gain 3.27

1.27 - FS Brodney Pool

2.10 - DE Justin Tuck

3.27 - WR JR Russell

4.10 - QB Adrian McPherson

5.10 - WR Mark Bradley

6.10 - DE Adell Duckett

6th comp pick - RB Maurice Clarett

6th comp pick - S Matt Grootegoed

7.10 - OT - Wes Sims

Perfect Cowboy Draft.

1.11 Merriman or Johnson falls

1.20 - trade down to 1.27 and gain 3.27

1.27 -  FS Brodney Pool

2.10 -  DE Justin Tuck

3.27 - WR JR Russell

4.10 - QB Adrian McPherson

5.10 - WR Mark Bradley

6.10 - DE Adell Duckett

6th comp pick - RB Maurice Clarett

6th comp pick - S Matt Grootegoed

7.10 - OT - Wes Sims

750088[/snapback]

Agreed... on the most part.

I have Clarett 7 round to Browns.

Man, SGT RYAN, that's a nice draft pool. Jerry should just bring you in because I doubt he will get as quality players as you threw out there...not sure on the Clarrett thing though, but at that point in the draft do it I say.

I just didn't watch Bledsoe that much last year so it's hard to pass judgement on him, but it seems that Bledsoe is another guy that makes big mistakes at inopportune times, so he's better than Testeverde but like Testeverde at the same time I think. Bledsoe to Terry Glenn does kind of jazz me though as Jerry would say.