[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Consensus Draft Pick 1.20

CaP'N GRuNGe

1. San Francisco - QB Aaron Rodgers (California)

2. Miami - RB Ronnie Brown (Auburn)

3. Cleveland - QB Alex Smith (Utah)

4. Chicago - WR Braylon Edwards (Michigan)

5. Tampa Bay - RB Cadillac Williams (Auburn)

6. Tennessee - CB Antrel Rolle (Miami)

7. Minnesota (from Oakland) - WR Mike Williams (USC)

8. Arizona - RB Cedric Benson (Texas)

9. Washington - CB Adam Jones (West Virginia)

10. Detroit - OT Alex Barron (FL State)

11. Dallas - LB Derrick Johnson (Texas)

12. San Diego (from N.Y. Giants) - LB Shawne Merriman (Maryland)

13. Houston - WR Mark Clayton (Oklahoma)

14. Carolina - WR Troy Williamson (South Carolina)

15. Kansas City - CB Carlos Rogers (Auburn)

16. New Orleans - DT Travis Johnson (Florida State)

17. Cincinnati - DE Marcus Spears (LSU)

18. Minnesota - SS Thomas Davis (Georgia)

19. St. Louis - OT Jammal Brown (Oklahoma)

20. Dallas (from Buffalo) - S Brodney Pool (Oklahoma)

21. Jacksonville

22. Baltimore

23. Seattle

24. Green Bay

25. Denver

26. N.Y. Jets

27. Atlanta

28. San Diego

29. Indianapolis

30. Pittsburgh

31. Philadelphia

32. New England

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Seeing the run on WR, I'd go Roddy White, UAB

748493[/snapback]

I think that makes sense for the Boys. White averaged some ridiculour YPC in college (around 20 or so) and that should help stretch the field. Good pick up.

Dallas will trade down at this point to get more picks, they may get a 2nd and a 1st in 2006. They will not drop to far however as they have two players that fill needs coming up.

With their next pick Dallas selects one of these two players:

Brodney Pool

Dan Cody

748672[/snapback]

exactly

For the point of the vote where trade downs are not allowed Dallas has a choice of David Pollack, Dan Cody & Brodney Pool.

This pick really depends on the Howard trade ... Cody can play on the line or LB so he makes sense.

If Dallas gets Howard * they then select Brodney Pool

* Dallas would give up there 2005 2nd rounder.

EDIT - As far as the WR view ... Dallas will not go WR if both Mark Clayton & Troy Williamson are gone.

Edited by Kansas State 2000

Everybody and their grandmother wants to trade down in this draft. The talent pool is fairly deep, but is without many can't miss prospects. I think it will be very difficult, if not impossible, for the Cowboys to trade out of this pick unless they are willing to package it and move up into the top seven.

There have been alot of D-lineman that have come out recently with medical questions that have been passed on only to perform well in their rookie years. Udeze last year. Shaun Rodgers before that. I think they'll take a chance on James here.

Edited by General Itals

Agreed, but like I said, they won't be trading down either.  They'll pick at #20.

748753[/snapback]

We only need to go as far back as last year to see a trade down that was unexpected.

Dallas had the pick of ANY RB in the draft as every one was still on the board ... instead they trade down ... you'd expect to a team that needed a RB ... NO ... it was Buffalo which traded up to get a QB.

Everyone in the world was saying Dallas takes Jackson or K. Jones ... they take J. Jones after the trade down ... the unexpected trade down .. and the rest is history ..........

For the point of the vote where trade downs are not allowed Dallas has a choice of David Pollack, Dan Cody & Brodney Pool.

This pick really depends on the Howard trade ... Cody can play on the line or LB so he makes sense.

If Dallas gets Howard * they then select Brodney Pool

* Dallas would give up there 2005 2nd rounder.

EDIT - As far as the WR view ... Dallas will not go WR if both Mark Clayton & Troy Williamson are gone.

748690[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. If, in fact, they trade for Howard and Johnson is available with their first pick then I think Brodney is the logical choice here. They still need help on the O-line but I don't see anybody that will help them this year and that's what you expect from a 1st rounder.

Seeing the run on WR, I'd go Roddy White, UAB

748493[/snapback]

This isn't fantasy football. You don't pick players just because there's "a run" at a particular position.

Edited by BS Miscreant

We only need to go as far back as last year to see a trade down that was unexpected.

Dallas had the pick of ANY RB in the draft as every one was still on the board ... instead they trade down ... you'd expect to a team that needed a RB ... NO ... it was Buffalo which traded up to get a QB.

Everyone in the world was saying Dallas takes Jackson or K. Jones ... they take J. Jones after the trade down ... the unexpected trade down .. and the rest is history ..........

748761[/snapback]

Nothing that you say is incorrect, but my point wasn't that a trade down would be unexpected, just harder to execute this year. In fact, I would expect the Cowboys to discuss moves down, just like I would expect a ton of other teams to try in a deep draft pool.

Last year, Stephen Jackson was pegged as the cream of a very thin RB crop(at least that is how the media rated him and he was the first RB taken). Who is the player that a team will just have to have at #20? I could be wrong, and of course, we don't know how other team's draft boards are coming together, but I don't see a must have player at this point. But you never know. Perhaps a Losman-like player might intrigue a team enough to trade up.

Edited by General Itals