[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter-Board Baseball Challenge

BeachBum

Remember the Inter-Board Baseball Challenge?

I finally heard from FSW and they are still planning to have this game. They are currently proposing a 16-team League (on Yahoo) with 8 from each Board. Tentatively asking for a live Yahoo draft, maybe NEXT Sunday. If any of you are still interested, post here so we can get our 8. I'm in, but I have a problem with the draft time, and with trying to make sure everybody is in and doing what they're supposed to. I need somebody else to step up as Captain, and herd our squad through a draft, etc. Yahoo does have an auto-draft feature which works ok IF you massage their list of players a little more to your own liking. I'll probably have to do this (I'll be away for a couple of weeks, with some but not great computer access.)

So, who wants in? And who can take charge for the next 2- weeks or so??? Here is the list from when we talked earlier. Those from last year who want can be in; you others I suppose we'll just go 1st post, 1st in?

So far:

From last year,

BeachBum

Men in Tights

TimmyPG

Ark Oxeruge

Driveby

Plus,

Los Gigantes

Juanruiz13

Skrappy1

Azazello

Broncosn05

Marauders11

And Harrison4mvp, based on your earlier post, I'd guess you might be interested.

Who's able to help get this going?

BB

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it's a done deal! In their usual helter-skelter fashion, FSW (dukdown for those of you who remember him) has set up a League, AND scheduled a draft - for THIS SATURDAY, at 5:45 PST (and correspondingly later as you move east).

I MIGHT be able to make at least the first part of the draft, and then leave enough picks on Yahoo's list to finish.

So anybody want to join us, and try to regain some Huddle stature in the baseball world???

E-mail or PM me and I'll give you the League ID and password.

can't do it.  I have opera tickets.

750124[/snapback]

Can't 'do' the draft??? No problem, spend all day tomorrow putting up a list on Yahoo, they'll draft for you!

Or are the Opera Tix for the entire baseball season?

BB

BB hat i the current count??

750145[/snapback]

If you mean how many teams do we have??? I don't know! You and me signed up, Timmy says he's in, waiting for the others to acknowledge.

Who knows???

BB

That should be 7, and I'm expecting Ark Oxeruge from last year, so we should have a squad.

Everyone needs to check the Yahoo League board for rosters and scoring categories. They are a little different! Those FSW people have some strange ideas! Especially note we use LF, CF, RF not just plain OF.

Good luck to us all!

BB :D

I have a question about the "live" draft tonight-

I've never done a live Yahoo draft what's it like? I see that you get 90 seconds to make a selection- is it a frentic pace or do you have enough time to make your picks without panicking, etc.?

I plan on being at the computer to draft manually- I hate doing the ranked player lists etc. do I need to have a ranked list as a back-up or am I o.k. as long as I'm online and paying attention?

Any insight on your experiences with this type of drafting would be appreciated!

I have a question about the "live" draft tonight-

I've never done a live Yahoo draft what's it like? I see that you get 90 seconds to make a selection- is it a frentic pace or  do you have enough time to make your picks without panicking, etc.?

I plan on being at the computer to draft manually- I hate doing the ranked player lists etc. do I need to have a ranked list as a back-up or am I o.k. as long as I'm online and paying attention?

Any insight on your experiences with this type of drafting would be appreciated!

752189[/snapback]

i would set up your pre-ranks beforehand. first of all, because if anything goes wrong and you can't make picks for whatever reason, you're somewhat covered. but also because you've got your own rankings sorting players in their handy little java app window. makes the whole thing move pretty smoothly and 90 secs usually isn't a problem.