[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter-Board Baseball Challenge

BeachBum

Good Luck fellow Huddlers....

752599[/snapback]

Likewise. 16-teams is new to me too, but I think it's actually kind of cool...it means you have to have a little deeper knowledge of players and makes picking good sleepers a lot more important too. Should be fun.

Edit to add: :D

Edited by Skrappy1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume an "enter draft room" link or something similar will appear about 30 minutes prior to starting? Can'tr wait to see what pick I get with 16 teams I'm not sure where I'd prefer to be- probably someplace in the middle to assure a STUD in round #1 and another in round 2- With the first few picks you are into the 30's be the time it comes back around- I don't think I like that!

This should be interesting- like I said I never did the "live" Yahoo draft thing- hope it goes well.....16 teams is way more than I'm used to also- I am in a 10 & 12 teamer but that's the limit for me so far....

Good Luck fellow Huddlers....

752599[/snapback]

The Yahoo draft goes very quickly! You have to pay attention, especuially if there are absentee drafters, then it flies. You have to find the guy you want from their list (it is your list if you changed theirs). You can pull several names from the list in advance making it easier to pick when your time is on.

You'll get entry instructions on the League site (I think?) when there are about 10 minutes to go. They'll have the draft order then too.

I assume an "enter draft room" link or something similar will appear about 30 minutes prior to starting? Can'tr wait to see what pick I get with 16 teams I'm not sure where I'd prefer to be- probably someplace in the middle to assure a STUD in round #1 and another in round 2- With the first few picks you are into the 30's be the time it comes back around- I don't think I like that!

752612[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more...sometime around a mid-to-late pick would work out great.

752612[/snapback]

I see pretty good players into the 6th or 7th round, filling out much of a starting lineup. Then it gets tough. I'd agree on the 7th or 8th spot as pretty good.

Good draft- I really like my team- a bit suspect with my starting pitching and I punted saves -who cares with 15 or so categories, my MR's kick ass....

C- Joe Mauer

1B- Mark Texiera

2B- Jose Reyes

SS- Nomar

3B- Pedro Feliz

LF- Kevin Mench

CF- Aaron Rowand

RF- Magglio

Util.- Travis Hafner

Util.- Craig Monroe

SP- Bonderman

SP- Escobar

SP- Brad Penny

SP- Eaton

RP- Otsuka

RP- Mike Gonzalez

P- Y. Brazoban

P- Jesse Crain

Bench- Jorge Cantu (2B/3B)

Bench- Brady Clark (CF/LF)

Bench- Erik Bedard

I love my team for the most part-

C- Mile Piazaa/AJ Piequenski

1B- Mike Sweeney

2B- Marcus Giles

3B- Dallas McPerson/Garret Atkins

SS- Edgar Renteria

LF- Cliff Floyd

CF- Corey Patterson/Garret Anderson/David DeJesus

RF- Jaque Jones

SP- Randy Johnson

SP- Mike Mussina

SP- Carl Pavano

SP- Ted Lilly

SP- Kenny Rogers

Edit- SP Jeff Weaver

Sp- Jose Lima

RP- Eddie Guardado

RP- Chad Cordero

Edited by broncosn05

Here's my team and my thoughts on it:

C - Jason Varitek

1B - Derek Lee

2B - Mark Bellhorn

3B - Morgan Ensberg

SS - Derek Jeter

LF - Carlos Lee

CF - Jim Edmonds

RF - Gary Sheffield

UT - Dimitri Young

UT - Eric Byrnes

BN - Craig Biggio

BN - Frank Thomas

BN - Jeff Francis

SP - A.J. Burnett

SP - Freddy Garcia

SP - Cliff Lee

SP - Danny Haren

RP - B.J. Ryan

RP - LaTroy Hawkins

P - Juan Rincon

P - Scott Shields

The Good:

My OF: For a 16-team league, Carlos Lee, Jim Edmonds and Gary Sheffield should be rock solid. Good AVG, HR, great OPS and a touch of speed mixed in.

My RP: Hopefully Hawkins can maintain the closer job in Chicago, even if not he should put up great stats in the ERA, WHIP and K categories, and if he doesn't get saves he'll get holds. Rincon and Shields are two of the better middle-relief guys because of their ratios and amount of innings pitched. I'm counting on them to make up for my less than stellar SP by stabilizing my ERA, WHIP and K rate as well as adding some well needed holds.

The Bad:

Left-side of my IF: Mark Bellhorn,and Morgan Ensberg are less than awe-inspiring. Bellhorn should actually put up decent numbers besides AVG, if I get the 2004 version of Bellhorn and the 2003 version of Ensberg, then I'm all set. If I get either the 2004 version of Ensberg or the 2003 version of Bellhorn, then I'm really in need of serious help here.

The Questions:

My SP: A.J. Burnett should be excellent as long as he stays healthy, and Garcia is decent if unspectacular. After that, I've got nothing but sleepers and question marks. Cliff Lee was great the first half of last year, atrocious the second half. Danny Haren is very talented but still unproven and moving to the harder hitting AL, and Jeff Francis is also extremely talented but essentially a rookie and pitching in the thin-ass air of Colorado. Once I'm able to DL Frank Thomas, guess what position I will fill his roster space with? You guessed it, another SP.

Craig Biggio: If he ends up playing 2B as he has most of the spring, then the left-side of my IF looks a little better. If he only remains OF eligible, then he very well may not be worth a roster spot at this point.

Edited by Skrappy1