[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better keeper?

I am in a position where I can either keep Lamont Jordan or have the #1 pick in our draft, which every year is the top rookie RB. I really like Jordan and thing he has big TD potential in Oakland, but should I roll the dice and go after a young'n??

I am in a position where I can either keep Lamont Jordan or have the #1 pick in our draft, which every year is the top rookie RB.  I really like Jordan and thing he has big TD potential in Oakland, but should I roll the dice and go after a young'n??

765446[/snapback]

If Brown goes to the Dolphins that would be a hard decision! Me.... I would go with Lamont! He's shown he can run with the ball! Drafts to me are like going to Las Vegas! Don't know if your going to come out lucky or get another Curtis Enis! :D

I am in a position where I can either keep Lamont Jordan or have the #1 pick in our draft, which every year is the top rookie RB.  I really like Jordan and thing he has big TD potential in Oakland, but should I roll the dice and go after a young'n??

765446[/snapback]

Lamont. Don't trust the phins to get it right and make it work ... :D

I'm sorry guys, I just assumed that the Dolphins had the best situation for a rookie RB to come into, and that they would select the right guy, and thus would have the most productive rookie RB. Some of you may have a different opinion as to which team is going to draft which rookie RB, and which situation will produce the best fantasy numbers. This being said--

In the next 3-4 years, possibly beyond, because I can keep them as long as I want, do you think Lamont will be more productive than the rookies, or do you think its just a big crapshoot of which RB to pick, and I would be best served to just keep the starting RB that I got?

Reggie Williams :D

but in some seriousness the best choice one can make in drafting a rook RB this yr would be to select

Cedrick "Cadillac" Brown

. :D ok there was no seriousness

as for who its a toss up imo

Edited by keggerz

Reggie Williams :D

but in some seriousness the best choice one can make in drafting a rook RB this yr would be to select

Cedrick "Cadillac" Brown

. :D ok there was no seriousness

:D

oh don't kidd yourself, Reggie's my pick right after!!!

Edited by Seahawks21

I'm sorry guys, I just assumed that the Dolphins had the best situation for a rookie RB to come into, and that they would select the right guy, and thus would have the most productive rookie RB.  Some of you may have a different opinion as to which team is going to draft which rookie RB, and which situation will produce the best fantasy numbers.  This being said--

In the next 3-4 years, possibly beyond, because I can keep them as long as I want, do you think Lamont will be more productive than the rookies, or do you think its just a big crapshoot of which RB to pick, and I would be best served to just keep the starting RB that I got?

768586[/snapback]

Norv Turner has had an excelent track record with his RBs. (Emmitt, LT, Ricky W.) Jordan will turn out excellent numbers in Norv's offense.

Not being biased, but I agree with the consensus that you do not know what MIA will do and also, MIA OL is horrible and needs to be upgraded for any RB to have a chance.

As enticing it it'd be to have a young stud like Brown or Cadillac, I think you should trust the Oakland situation a bit more. And Jordan's not all that old, either... he'll be around for awhile. That Oakland offense is gonna score... Jordan's not gonna put up huge yardage, but he'll certainly put up #2 fantasy RB numbers. He may actually be considered a #1 if your #2 is of similar tier, or in larger leagues. I would keep Jordan.

Only one problem with taking the rookie ... the REAL rookie phenom might not be Ronnie Brown ..could be Cedric Benson or Cadillac ... and you can get them maybe later in your draft .. if YOU like Lamont Jordan then stick with him .... personally I am not too keen on either option!

Just to let you know i traded my 1st round pick for LJ a 3rd and a 4th

I am happy about this deal. You never know about rookies rb's

After I say that I like R. Brown alot. This kid is strong and never turns down extra yards plus he can catch the ball.

Results this year = Jordan

next year = R. Brown

geez you guys are really makin me wanna hold onto Jordan here. That being said, if Ronnie Brown goes to Miami, I think I gotta take a chance on him. I suppose I possibly get Jordan back in the next round.

geez you guys are really makin me wanna hold onto Jordan here.  That being said, if Ronnie Brown goes to Miami, I think I gotta take a chance on him.  I suppose I possibly get Jordan back in the next round.

779290[/snapback]

Sounds like you're pretty set on Brown, despite our recommendations. Taking Brown isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong. Jordan's more of a "sure thing", but Brown looks like the real deal, and Miami's offense SHOULD be improved (heck, it can't do any worse). If you think you may be able to swing Jordan later, this makes even MORE sense. Anything you can do (trading up) to make sure that happens?

After reading this post I thought i should try and get the 1st pick back so I can draft R. Brown. Ilike him that much so I trade J. Walker and my 2nd for the #1 overall to select Brown. I have other good WR so letting Walker go is not a issue.

Dillon, Brown and Jordan looks like a good start to the season.

Good luck

Sounds like you're pretty set on Brown, despite our recommendations.  Taking Brown isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong.  Jordan's more of a "sure thing", but Brown looks like the real deal, and Miami's offense SHOULD be improved (heck, it can't do any worse).  If you think you may be able to swing Jordan later, this makes even MORE sense.  Anything you can do (trading up) to make sure that happens?

783259[/snapback]

Our draft order depends on how many people you keep. If I'm keeping two (not Jordan), my first pick is in round 3.

Six out of our 10 teams should keep the maxium five. One other guy is keeping 3, the others are keeping four. It will be up to the draw out of the hat to see who gets the first pick in round 4 between me and the guy who keeps 3. If I get a higher pick in the snake order, I'll get the first two picks in the draft. If not I'll probably only get one of these two players. So no, there is nothing I can do to trade up, I am as high up as you can get.

I should probably explain a bit that I'm in an intense building process. I came into the league 3 years ago, in the 10th year of the league. The best team in our league has LT, Portis, Alexander, Moss, & TonyG. I can't hope to throw mediocre talent out there and hope to compete, I need superstars, and have to take some risks to get them. So far my two keepers I have accumulated are Peyton and Edge. Nice starting block but now I really gotta turn it up a little bit

geez this just got really tough!! My league gives a point per reception, so I'm really tempted to go grab Cadillac in Gruden's system. Ronnie Brown could be fun too!! But Lamont chainsaws goal posts!! Ahhhhhhh!!!