[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 All Fantasy Team

Gators

I pulled out the crystal ball and found my 2005 Alll Fantasy Team

.... 1st team ............................... 2nd team .................... sleeper

qb) P.Manning ..............................DCulpepper ................. E. Manning

rb)L.TomlinsonC.Portis/ ............... S.Alexander ................. Tatum Bell

wr)T.Owens R.Wayne / ................ R.Moss ..................... K. Colbert

te)JWitten ................................... A.Gates ....................... B.Troupe

k)D.Akers .....................................M.Vanderjag t ............... N.Kaeding

dl)J.TaylorC.Grant ....................... J.Peppers ...................... .K.Udeze

lb)Z.ThomasJVilmaD.Edwards/....... R.Lewis ........................ T.Lehman

db)R.HarrisonS.Taylor TPolamalu /...A.Wilson ...................... M.Boulware

offensive.rookie ..........................................................defensive rookie

Mark Clayton ........................................................... Adam Jones

Portis and Reggie Wayne are a little suspect IMO.When your talking All Star Fantasy team that is..I see L.T and Shawn Alexander.T.O and Moss.

How many of us thought Muhsin Muhammad would have 1400 yds and 16 tds..or Tiki Barber would have over 2000 total yds and 15 tds.....

everything I hear is that Washington will have the most improved offensive line in football.

And with an aging Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne will be the go to guy in Indy...looking at 1300 yds and 16 tds this year from Wayne.

expecting a big year for Portis also, around 1900 total yds and 17 tds.....

also remember to keep an eye on my dark horses, especially Tatum Bell...He will be the real deal in Denver! 1800 yds and 18 tds

....      1st team  ............................... 2nd team  .................... sleeper

qb) P.Manning  ..............................DCulpepper  ................. E. Manning

rb)L.TomlinsonC.Portis/ ............... S.Alexander  ................. Tatum Bell

wr)T.Owens R.Wayne /  ................ R.Moss      ..................... K. Colbert

te)JWitten    ................................... A.Gates    ....................... B.Troupe

k)D.Akers  .....................................M.Vanderjag t ............... N.Kaeding

dl)J.TaylorC.Grant  ....................... J.Peppers  ...................... .K.Udeze

lb)Z.ThomasJVilmaD.Edwards/....... R.Lewis  ........................ T.Lehman

db)R.HarrisonS.Taylor TPolamalu /...A.Wilson  ...................... M.Boulware

offensive.rookie  ..........................................................defensive rookie   

Mark Clayton      ...........................................................  Adam Jones

765741[/snapback]

Don't necessarily agree, but props for going out on a limb. I think WAS may have an improved offensive line, but I haven't seen enough progress in the passing game to keep things honest. Interesting call on Wayne, however.

How many of us thought Muhsin Muhammad would have 1400 yds and 16 tds..or Tiki Barber would have over 2000 total yds and 15 tds.....

everything I hear is that Washington will have the most improved offensive line in football.

And with an aging Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne will be the go to guy in Indy...looking at 1300 yds and 16 tds this year from Wayne.

expecting a big year for Portis also, around  1900 total yds and 17 tds.....

also remember to keep an eye on my dark horses, especially Tatum Bell...He will be the real deal in Denver! 1800 yds and 18 tds

765781[/snapback]

I think Bell is going to be great too but 1800 and 18 is steep IMO and so is 1900 and 17 for portis.I see them both more like 12-1400 and 11-13 tds.I dont disagree completely I just think the #s are a little high

I dont disagree completely I just think the #s are a little high

766034[/snapback]

Same here. Also think until at least until after the draft it is a little early for fantasy projections. Take Portis for example. If the Cowboys pull off the Howard trade and get Merriman or Spears in the first round, 12-1400 and 11-13 tds will be tough for Portis to reach given he'll only have 12 games not against the Cowboys and Eagles.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Why do you guys think 1900 total yards and 17 tds are too high...Jansen, their best offensive lineman will be back after suffering from his blown achilles...They also have promised to address the rest of the line through free-agency and the draft..

The Skins passing game has to improve and will open up the running game.

Clinton had 235 receivings yds and 2 rec. td's last year..and I promise you both of those stats will go up...I see him rushing for 1400-1500 yds 13 tds and receiving 400-500 yds. and 4 tds...

Keep in mind he is only 23 and is one of the most explosive backs the game has ever seen...

In 2002 with Denver Portis rushed for 1508 yds and had 15 rush tds. along with 364 rec. yds and 2 td receptions thats a total of 1872 yds and 17 tds....a feat he can easily duplicate with Washington.

Edited by Gators

Why do you guys think 1900 total yards and  17 tds are too high...Jansen, their best offensive lineman will be back after suffering from his blown achilles...They also have promised to address the rest of the line through free-agency and the draft..

The Skins passing game has to  improve  and will open up the running game.

Clinton had 235 receivings yds and 2 rec. td's last year..and I promise you both of those stats will go up...I see him rushing for 1400-1500 yds 13 tds and receiving 400-500 yds. and 4 tds...

Keep in mind he is only 23 and is one of the most explosive backs the game has ever seen...

In 2002 with Denver Portis rushed for 1508 yds and had 15 rush tds. along with 364 rec. yds and 2 td receptions thats a total of 1872 yds and 17 tds....a feat he can easily duplicate with Washington.

766089[/snapback]

I didnt realize you were combining rushing and receiving.Still may be a little high but not as far off.Comparing Portis stats at Denver vs anywhere else is premature and until the Skins actually have the year that almost everyone gaurentees before the year starts the jury is still out..Portis is very talented though no doubt..

Edited by whomper

Why do you guys think 1900 total yards and  17 tds are too high...Jansen, their best offensive lineman will be back after suffering from his blown achilles...They also have promised to address the rest of the line through free-agency and the draft..

The Skins passing game has to  improve  and will open up the running game.

766089[/snapback]

The bold says it all.

I think when it is all said and done, Washingtons offensive line will be comparible to Denvers...We will just have to wait and see.

766652[/snapback]

That's like comparing the CLEV offensive line to that of the Chiefs.

....      1st team  ............................... 2nd team  .................... sleeper

qb) P.Manning  ..............................DCulpepper  ................. E. Manning

765741[/snapback]

I think that Culpepper is going to suffer without Moss. He had some pretty poor games while Randy was injured last season.

rb)L.TomlinsonC.Portis/ ............... S.Alexander  ................. Tatum Bell

wr)T.Owens R.Wayne /  ................ R.Moss      ..................... K. Colbert

te)JWitten    ................................... A.Gates    ....................... B.Troupe

k)D.Akers  .....................................M.Vanderjag t ............... N.Kaeding

dl)J.TaylorC.Grant  ....................... J.Peppers  ...................... .K.Udeze

lb)Z.ThomasJVilmaD.Edwards/....... R.Lewis  ........................ T.Lehman

db)R.HarrisonS.Taylor TPolamalu /...A.Wilson  ...................... M.Boulware

offensive.rookie  ..........................................................defensive rookie   

Mark Clayton      ...........................................................  Adam Jones

765741[/snapback]

I must say I really agree with most of your picks. Just thought it would be fun to do my own, hope you don't mind me using your forum. In order of 1st, 2nd, & Sleeper

QB--Manning, McNabb, Warner

RB--LT, Domanick Davis, Onterrio Smith

WR--TO, Chad Johnson, Reggie Williams

TE--Gates, Witten, Winslow

K--whoever is left in the last round

DL--Peppers, Grant, Marcus Spears

LB--Vilma, Napoleon Harris,Jason Babin

DB--Shaun Taylor, Roy Williams, Hamlin&Boulware

Offensive Rookie--Ronnie Brown

Defensive Rookie--Marcus Spears

QB

McNabb is the most over-rated player in NFL....He wouldn't make my 6 th. team ....

768138[/snapback]

I thought the title wasAll Fantasy Team? If so, don't you go strictly by stats? How can you say McNabb is not top 6? I would love to be in your league if everyone thinks like that.

I thought the title wasAll Fantasy Team?  If so, don't you go strictly by stats?  How can you say McNabb is not top 6?  I would love to be in your league if everyone thinks like that.

768148[/snapback]

ditto

do i sign here? ↓

x_______________

You're right...I didn't mean fantasy team when I stated that I wouldn't have Mcnabb on my 6 th. team...What I really I meant was in terms of "Real" football....my mistake.

Edited by Gators

You're right...I didn't mean fantasy team when I stated  that I wouldn't have Mcnabb on my 6 th. team...What I really I meant was in terms of "Real" football....my mistake.

768832[/snapback]

Please list the 6 QBs you would take over McNabb in "real" football. I can name maybe two (Brady & Manning). I would take him #2 behind Brady but I can see the argument for Manning as well but no way there are 6 QBs better then McNabb now.

I just don't think McNabb is a money qb. I think he is the reason they(Eagles) are at the Buffalo Bills level of bridesmaids and never gettin hitched themselves. He makes stupid plays. Granted, he has a strong arm, its just not that accurate..

I would take Brady,Culpepper,Brees,Pennington,Hasselbeck,Favre, Trent Green , McNair,P.Manning and probably a few others before I would pick McNabb to build around for real footballl. I think he is the most over-rated,over-hyped athlete, in all of sports let alone the NFL.

Don't necessarily agree, but props for going out on a limb.  I think WAS may have an improved offensive line, but I haven't seen enough progress in the passing game to keep things honest.  Interesting call on Wayne, however.

765866[/snapback]

I agree. Good job Gators, going out on a limb is always more interesting than those who just sit back and nitpick...........

Going out on a limb is fine, but if you are going to say Mcnabb is the reason why the Eagles can't get over the hump you have to give him credit for getting them there. When have Culpepper,Brees,Pennington,Hasselbeck, Manning, or Trent Green ever been "money" in a championship game or Superbowl? Favre is one year away from retirement yet you would still take him over McNabb to build a team around. I'm not trying to bust your stones here and yes I am a Philly fan, but look at the stats and the winning percentage. Look at the Eagles playoff wins over the past 4-5 years. And lets not forget a few of those years McNabb was the only offense the Eagles had.