[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 All Fantasy Team

Gators

Just seems to me, when the the big game is on the line, McNabb does what he can to lose the game. Yes they've gone to the NFC championship game many years in a row now. I believe Drew Brees or Tom Brady would have brought a few championships to the Eagles during that same time. Just my opinion, thats all.

Just seems to me, when the the big game is on the line, McNabb does what he can to lose the game. Yes they've gone to the NFC championship game many years in a row now. I believe Drew Brees or Tom Brady would have brought a few championships to the Eagles during that same time. Just my opinion, thats all.

769947[/snapback]

I don't disagree that McNabb has come up short in the past in big games but he has also carried his team by himself to a few victories too. He has never had anything that comes close to a #1 WR and maybe not even a solid #2 before Ownes last year. Their running game seems to also come up short in big games which hasn't helped McNabb. I would take Brady and maybe Manning over McNabb but that is it in "real" football. In fantasy I would take Manning and Culpepper over McNabb. Either way I don't see how McNabb falls past top 4 or 5 in either category.

He's one of the most inacurrate qbs of modern times...playing tough 'D" got Philly to NFC Championship games the last 4-5 years. McNabb tried to give a few of those games away...Every so often he has a big game and the bandwagon hoppers come out of the closet..Hes not the big game qb everybody thinks he is. He is so overhyped, Why? I have my own opinons why, and I will keep them to myself....

I think he is the most over-rated,over-hyped athlete, in all of sports let alone the NFL.

768946[/snapback]

Did you forget about that QB down here in the ATL? I think his name is Ron something..........

In the over hyped, over rated game McNabb isn't even close to Mr. Mexico.

He's one of the most inacurrate qbs of modern times...playing tough 'D" got Philly to NFC Championship games the last 4-5 years. McNabb tried to give a few of those games away...Every so often he has a big game and the bandwagon hoppers come out of the closet..Hes not the big game qb everybody thinks he is. He is so overhyped, Why? I have my own opinons why, and I will keep them to myself....

770274[/snapback]

By inaccurate I assume you are talking completion percentage correct? I believe McNabb has been top ten in completion percentage for starting QBs over the last 3 years or so. I believe it is somewhere around 60% or so.

Obviously you have something personal against McNabb and that is fine but the stats and the winning percentage speak for themselves.

Stats....stats..I hate them.....when the big game is on the line, McNabb falters...His completion rate is high because of all the dumpoffs. He is constantly over throwing or underthrowing receivers in clutch situations.. He lacks Moxy....

I am not saying the Eagles aren't a good team or that they will never win the superbowl. I am just saying that having McNabb at qb has possibly cost the Eagles the "Dynasty" tag.

In my opinion if they would have had a different qb, and there are many to pick from (see one of my prior messages), I believe that they could have been a multiple superbowl winner. And I don't just mean Manning or Brady....

McNabb might just well be a decent athlete, I just don't think he is an elite qarterback, especially in clutch situations!!

You say you hate stats but your topic is 2005 All "Fantasy" Team. Don't quite understand that.

Once again, how can you say those other QBs would do better in the big games then McNabb when most of them have never been there.

I may be beating a dead horse here but I would really like to hear your reason for not having McNabb in the top 5 QBs. I also would like to hear some other people chime in on this just to find out what other people think. "I have my own opinons why, and I will keep them to myself...." is a pretty lame way to get out of the conversation. I can't stand Manning because I think he out thinks himself at times but I still would push my personal bias aside and take him top 2-3 QBs.

I do hate stats when you are comparing stats for greatness. I play fantasy football, so I must like stats to a certain extent. I just hate when someone tells me how great someone is ,because their stats were great.

Tom Brady dosen't have great stats, but he is the best big game qb in league and quite possibly of all time.

On the other hand Mcnabb has outstanding stats but finds the way to screw up in big games. I have nothing personal against Donavon, he seems like a very nice guy. I just give credit when credit is due.....

If it's fantasy, then McNabb and Manning for sure, but if it's a big game(and I don't mean KC) then I'd take Favre, Brady, or McNair.

771931[/snapback]

I would take Brady and McNair but the way Favre has been playing lately I might take McNabb over him, maybe. But after that I can't think of a QB I would take over McNabb in the big game all else being equal. No one else has more experience in playoff games. Plus people seem to forget how bad the receivers were until Owens. Pinkston, Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, Billy McMullen, etc aren't exactly clutch receivers. McNabb has played poorly in some big games I agree but not all the blame can be put on him when the entire offense was horrible.

You've got some good points Ebartender..I do have to commend you on one other thing..You have the best avatar I have ever seen in my life...gets me aroused, every time I see it..

Edited by Gators

You've got some good points Ebartender..I do have to commend you on one other thing..You have the best avatar I have ever seen in my life...gets me stiff, every time I see it..

772116[/snapback]

It used to be mine, but got nuked :D

You've got some good points Ebartender..I do have to commend you on one other thing..You have the best avatar I have ever seen in my life...gets me aroused, every time I see it..

772116[/snapback]

I can see some of your points too, although I disagree. I noticed someone else has the same avatar as me too. It is hot as hell though.

I pulled out the crystal ball and found my 2005 Alll Fantasy Team

....      1st team  ............................... 2nd team  .................... sleeper

qb) P.Manning  ..............................DCulpepper  ................. E. Manning

rb)L.TomlinsonC.Portis/ ............... S.Alexander  ................. Tatum Bell

wr)T.Owens R.Wayne /  ................ R.Moss      ..................... K. Colbert

te)JWitten    ................................... A.Gates    ....................... B.Troupe

k)D.Akers  .....................................M.Vanderjag t ............... N.Kaeding

dl)J.TaylorC.Grant  ....................... J.Peppers  ...................... .K.Udeze

lb)Z.ThomasJVilmaD.Edwards/....... R.Lewis  ........................ T.Lehman

db)R.HarrisonS.Taylor TPolamalu /...A.Wilson  ...................... M.Boulware

offensive.rookie  ..........................................................defensive rookie   

Mark Clayton      ...........................................................  Adam Jones

765741[/snapback]

I'm not gonna filter through 2 pages of commentary, so I apologize if I'm making repeat comments.

First, Portis on the first team? Wow, either you're a diehard 'skins fan that's expecting huge things, or you're looking at Portis' stats from 2003 in Denver. No way he outproduces the likes of Alexander, McGahee, and even Julius Jones. ESPN has Portis as their 10th-ranked RB leading into 2005. Sounds about right.

Tatum Bell? A sleeper? Really? :D Come on, if you're gonna start a thread like this, at least go out on a limb.

Wayne over Moss? You really think Wayne's gonna make a huge leap... surpassing Harrison? You banking on Harrison getting hurt or something? I know I just said you should go out on a limb here, but not when talking about first-team fantasy studs. That's a reach.

Witten over Gates and Gonzalez? I'll give you the fact Witten's got skills, but who the heck's gonna be throwing him the ball? Old man Vinny? Old man Drew? Green Drew? Either way, it's not gonna be a huge year for Witten. Figure right around where he produced last season. Gates is only getting better. Gonzo already IS better. Sorry, can't agree there.

Akers the first team kicker? How do you figure? The way I see it, the Philly offense will be IMPROVING even more next season, making field goal attempts LESS likely. Add in the fact he plays in an outdoor stadium prone to weather issues late in the season. Sorry, don't see it. I like your call on Kaeding, though. The Bolts' offense will be good... improved... but he should get a ton of opportunities and kicks in good weather at home.

Taylor and GRANT over the likes of Peppers and Freeney? Are you kidding me? That's laughable. Udeze could be huge. Not much of a limb you're goin' out on there, either. How about goin' with someone like Jared Allen from KC. Dude racked up 9 sacks in limited duty last season.

Zach Thomas? The guy's 31 years old. He was hurt at the end of last season. The guy has a motor that doesn't stop, but I don't see him being a first-team fantasy LB. Edwards is a solid choice, and Vilma MIGHT jump up to stud status. What about the Denver LB corps? Gold, Wilson & Williams are gonna be studs in '05. All of 'em. Lehman could rack up a gangload of tackles.

Harrison on the first team? Fantasy-wise? Hmm, interesting. You realize he only had 2 INTs last season, right? Love Taylor & Polamalu... but over Ed Reed? Please.

Hard to really say who's gonna be the ROYs until you know what team they're gonna be playin' for. Who's to say PacMan Jones doesn't land on a team with two solid DBs already starting? :D

No offense... but nice effort, but some of these calls are really out there.