[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander an Eagle or Buc?

Shotgun Messiahs

I can't see the Eagles trading for Alexander. They will more likley sign Westbrook long term. If the Eagles make a move I think they will trade Corey Simon who is threatening to hold out of mini camp if they don't remove the franchise tag and sign him to huge money.

i just cant see this happening, the eagles must be close to the cap limit, or are they on the 49er defered contract plan, plus why do they need him? westbrook is a good back. and why even play around with the cap, no good can come of it, recent reminders, the once proud 49ers, i'm sure most division 1A teams would destroy them, and now the titans, who i think will be figting with the niners for last place this year. granted there lack of a running game may have hurt them in the superbowl, but not as much as mcnabb's 3 picks.

Edited by The Darkside

Pittman had a nice year last year..I dont think philly needs S.A Westbrook is a great back and buckhalter will be back to spell him .I dont see him as a great fit for these 2 teams..maybe the Bucs but not if they are strapped salary cap wise

I have to believe the cap ramifications make this deal impossible for the Bucs (as previously mentioned). As for the Eagles, who knows? I think they have enough cap room to sign Alexander to a long-term deal. Plus, Westbrook is a restricted FA who's only slightly less injury-prone than his backup, Buckhalter. If the Eagles were as high on Westbrook as the general media, they would have re-signed him already. Instead, no other team has made him an offer either. :D

According to their Web Site as of the beginning of April the Eagles had "about" 5 millon in cap room to spend on the remainder of free agency or to lock up thier own players to extensions.

Considering their lack of activity and the fact that they have been trying to stockpile even more picks than they alreay have (almost got 2 picks from Baltimore for Simo)- I would expect some kind of MAJOR splash on draft day- that means one of 2 things-

a trade up into the top 5 picks to snag one of the "big 3" RB's OR a deal to get Alexander.

Mark my words, the Eagles will do something big to get the buzz going again after a quiet free agency period- no way that a team coming off of the Super Bowl and who has historically been very active in free agency just does nothing- they always have a plan- just sit back and watch it unfold.....

"With the 4th pick in the draft acquire from whoever the Philadelphia Eagles select Carnell Williams, RB- Auburn" :D

I don't care if Alexander gets traded as long as it's not to a division opponent, and they find a viable back in either the draft or trade.

Give Shaun to the Eagles for Westbrook or a pick. Package a few picks and move down to have a shot at one of the big three. I really don't care as long as they don't let him go for nothing.

The thought of Mo Morris starting next year makes me want to cry. :bawling:

i just cant see this happening, the eagles must be close to the cap limit, or are they on the 49er defered contract plan, plus why do they need him? westbrook is a good back. and why even play around with the cap, no good can come of it, recent reminders, the once proud 49ers, i'm sure most division 1A teams would destroy them, and now the titans, who i think will be figting with the niners for last place this year. granted there lack of a running game may have hurt them in the superbowl, but not as much as mcnabb's 3 picks.

777900[/snapback]

As of april 1, 2005 the Eagles have about 8.5 million under the cap.

redzone

According to their Web Site as of the beginning of April the Eagles had "about" 5 millon in cap room to spend on the remainder of free agency or to lock up thier own players to extensions.

Considering their lack of activity and the fact that they have been trying to stockpile even more picks than they alreay have (almost got 2 picks from Baltimore for Simo)- I would expect some kind of MAJOR splash on draft day- that means one of 2 things-

a trade up into the top 5 picks to snag one of the "big 3" RB's OR a deal to get Alexander.

Mark my words, the Eagles will do something big to get the buzz going again after a quiet free agency period- no way that a team coming off of the Super Bowl and who has historically been very active in free agency just does nothing- they always have a plan- just sit back and watch it unfold.....

"With the 4th pick in the draft acquire from whoever the Philadelphia Eagles select Carnell Williams, RB- Auburn"  :D

778579[/snapback]

In my dreams!

Oh man if we could pull off an Alexander for Westbrook trade!?!?!?!?!? Wow. I mean for one I think it would help us win more ballgames, cause thats the kind of playmaker Westbrook is, but second, outside of Mike Vick, BW is my favorite player in the NFL to watch!! If I got to watch him every week OMG----WOOP WEEEEWWWYYYOOOPPP dit pause WOOOOOPP TD 36. Beautiful

Oh man if we could pull off an Alexander for Westbrook trade!?!?!?!?!?  Wow.  I mean for one I think it would help us win more ballgames, cause thats the kind of playmaker Westbrook is, but second, outside of Mike Vick, BW is my favorite player in the NFL to watch!!  If I got to watch him every week OMG----WOOP WEEEEWWWYYYOOOPPP dit pause WOOOOOPP TD 36.  Beautiful

780824[/snapback]

What about Reggie Williams? :D:D