[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos trade first round pick to Redskins

The Irish Doggy

If the Skins are planning on Clayton falling to #25, I think they will be disappointed.  I too don't think they would select Miller in that spot.  They might go Pac Man first, but could see them taking Mike Williams if he falls to them, then picking up either Marlin Jackson or Fabian Washington with their second pick.

Dang, this NFL draft stuff is great!  It's like Oprah for men.

786955[/snapback]

Yer right, I doubt they get Clayton at 25. I think they are trying to package one of the picks--probably 25--to get a young experienced cb or wr and then they use the other pick to fill the opposite need.

Never happen, but how about 1.09 and 1.25 to Miami for Surtain and the 1.02?

Miami'll never get a first rounder for Surtain in an even trade. So they drop a few spots early on but gain a much higher pick than they could otherwise hope to get.

Again, I don't really think this'll happen, but...

edit to include justification

Edited by Sushi

I dont think so. Gibbs loves good tight ends but do you really think he wants to spend a first rounder on a TE after Cooley's performance last year. Cooley fits the Gibbs offense perfectly as an H back and I dont think Miller necessarily would. Having both might be great but for a first rounder?

786831[/snapback]

That makes sense, but for some reason, Cooley is listed as the backup to Michael Sellers on the depth chart. Doesn't mean much, I know, but it's curious...

The only other reason I believe the traded ahead of the Jets, as I mentioned, would be to target one of the last 1st-round CBs. That might mean they are targeting Troy Williamson with the #9 pick. Still, S. Moss, Patten, Thrash, Jacobs, and McCants are a pretty decent WR group.

I'm really wondering what the 'Skins will do.

Never happen, but how about 1.09 and 1.25 to Miami for Surtain and the 1.02?

Miami'll never get a first rounder for Surtain in an even trade.  So they drop a few spots early on but gain a much higher pick than they could otherwise hope to get.

Again, I don't really think this'll happen, but...

edit to include justification

787076[/snapback]

the two first rounders are about what it could cost to get the 1.2 even without surtain. so to get surtain in the mix, the skins would have to throw in another pretty valuable piece. in another thread, someone suggested arrington, but that seems like it throws it way off balance the other way.

What a stupid trade.

Why would you trade NEXT year's first rounder for the 25th pick THIS year? Doesn't that mean you assume that you are going to be picking higher than 25 next year?? And then throw in a third rounder THIS year and a fourth rounder NEXT year?????? Stupid. Nothing like mortgaging the future. Especially since you have no clue who will be available at 25.

Denver will have a top 10 pick next year out of this deal. Book it.

I remember in 1999 draft. Atlanta was just coming off a Super Bowl. After drafting Patrick Kerney with their first round pick, they decided they wanted to get back into the second round. So they traded their first round pick in 2000 to Baltimore for the Ravens 1999 second rounder. I'm sure Atlanta was thinking, "I'm sure we'll win the Super Bowl next year. Who needs a late round first pick anyway?" The Falcons took Reggie Kelly. OOPS! Chris Chandler got hurt. Jamal Anderson got hurt. The Falcons would have had the fifth pick in the draft. Instead, Baltimore did. Hello, Jamal Lewis!

Edited by CaptainHook

What a stupid trade.

Why would you trade NEXT year's first rounder for the 25th pick THIS year?  Doesn't that mean you assume that you are going to be picking higher than 25 next year??  And then throw in a third rounder THIS year and a fourth rounder NEXT year??????  Stupid.  Nothing like mortgaging the future.  Especially since you have no clue who will be available at 25.

Denver will have a top 10 pick next year out of this deal.  Book it.

I remember in 1999 draft.  Atlanta was just coming off a Super Bowl.  After drafting Patrick Kerney with their first round pick, they decided they wanted to get back into the second round.  So they traded their first round pick in 2000 to Baltimore for the Ravens 1999 second rounder.  I'm sure Atlanta was thinking, "I'm sure we'll win the Super Bowl next year.  Who needs a late round first pick anyway?"  The Falcons took Reggie Kelly.  OOPS!  Chris Chandler got hurt.  Jamal Anderson got hurt.  The Falcons would have had the fifth pick in the draft.  Instead, Baltimore did.  Hello, Jamal Lewis!

787156[/snapback]

Completely agree. Gibbs is senile and thinks he can win this year.

the two first rounders are about what it could cost to get the 1.2 even without surtain.  so to get surtain in the mix, the skins would have to throw in another pretty valuable piece.  in another thread, someone suggested arrington, but that seems like it throws it way off balance the other way.

787097[/snapback]

How about if they threw in Rod Gardner?

Again, I don't really think this will happen. But I'd sure like to see some reasonable explanation for Gibbs to make this trade.

Too bad the Skins can't use the 1.09 to draft a good GM.

:eek:  Then Washington wouldn't have a single starting WR taller than 5'10.  That's... awful...

787811[/snapback]

well, presumably they'd use that second overall pick on braylon.

but i don't know that gardner is enough value to get miami to pull the trigger on that deal.

well, presumably they'd use that second overall pick on braylon. 

but i don't know that gardner is enough value to get miami to pull the trigger on that deal.

787937[/snapback]

The 1.09 and 1.25 aren't even CLOSE to being enough to move up to 1.02. Surtain and Arrington are relatively even, so the 'Skins would still come up short. Basically, the trade wouldn't be very attractive for either team.