[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lions take Dan Orlovsky

TJOLIRPH

Overall: Orlovsky rewrote the record books while transitioning Connecticut from DI-AA to DI-A during his collegiate career. He started six games as a freshman in 2001 and was Connecticut's fulltime starting quarterback from that point on. He led his team to nine wins as a junior in 2003 and eight wins, including its first bowl appearance (Motor City Bowl), in 2004. Completing 288 of his 457 passes in 2004 (63-percent), Orlovsky threw for 3,354 yards with 234 touchdowns and 15 interceptions for a 134.71 passing efficiency rating. He also was named MVP of the Motor City Bowl. Orlovsky has played well in games against top competition; he is a proven winner and a tough competitor. He has the size, and intangibles to compete for a starting job in the NFL, but he will need more time than other quarterback prospects in this class to develop and he also has enough physical limitations that he'll need to be in the right system in order to succeed at the next level. Orlovsky is a scrappy player with the potential to develop into a Jake Delhomme type, but he's not ever going to be able to carry a team. He needs to become much more consistent as a passer in order to make up for what he lacks in terms of arm strength. In our opinion, Orlovsky is a good value early on Day 2 but he is an overrated player that will struggle to be anything more than a backup in the NFL.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft0.../player?id=8768

234 tds in 1 year and I've never even heard of him. Wow

and yes I know it was a typo supposed to be 23 td, but still if Scouts inc and espn insider says it, it must be true.

Edited by TJOLIRPH

Saw the guy play numerous times. I like the pick a lot. He has good football smarts and doesn't rush his throws. Nice job by the way of trading to get a 5th and 6th pick. I like our draft. :D