[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some more dynasty advice...again

A guy in my 12 team dynasty league made me an offer again.

He was wondering if I would be willing to give him one of my WRs for his first round draft spot (1.11)

I currently have the 1.05 spot and I'm planning on taking the best available rookie RB.

Here are my current WRs, we start 3.

Holt - Rams

Horn - Saints

Burleson - Vikes

D. Branch - Pats

D. Bennett - Titans

Do you think draft spot #1.11 is worth a player like Branch or Bennett?

Our draft goes this way:

Round #1 1-12

Round #2 1-12

Round #3 12-1

Round #4 1-12....

continues to serpintine after the first 2 rounds

That means I would have picks #1.05 (5th overall), #1.11 (11th overall), #2.05 (17th overall) if I gave him Branch or Bennett.

I'm leaning towards Bennett because that O might take a hit this year.

What do you think?

Depends a bit on the rest of your roster... and whether or not you are just talking about a rookie draft?

Without knowing those things for sure, I'd initially say not to do it. The 11th pick in a dynasty draft will often be a real project kind of player. And if you even consider doing it, I'd give up Branch over Bennett. But I'd say they are both more valuable than the 11th best rookie right now.

Depends a bit on the rest of your roster... and whether or not you are just talking about a rookie draft?

Without knowing those things for sure, I'd initially say not to do it.  The 11th pick in a dynasty draft will often be a real project kind of player.    And if you even consider doing it, I'd give up Branch over Bennett.  But I'd say they are both more valuable than the 11th best rookie right now.

809449[/snapback]

This is a rookie (and all the players in our free agancy) draft that I'm talking about. I was thinking the same thing when it comes to proven ability ( Branch/Bennett )over a rookie (long-shot). Here's the rest of my team:

QB: Collins, T Green

RB: LT, C Brown. TJ Duckett

WR: Holt, Horn, Burleson, Branch, Bennett

TE: T Gonzalez, J Witten

This guy is obviously desperate for a WR, this is the thrid offer in the last week.

I would say do it. I think you could give up either guy, Bennett might be the choice right now. With your WR's they are only bye-week fillers anyway.

Not sure you could get Arrington, but maybe Shelton or Gore, or I think you could upgrade from that WR you trade by getting Williams, Williamson (probably not), white, etc...

:D gogo I think you need to stopstop... or at least slow down a bit

No way is he "killing" this guy for getting a 1.11 rookie WR or might-possibly-have-a-shot-someday RB like Gore or Shelton.

A few questions...

How many players can you keep on your roster? Are you going to have to cut any of these guys when you draft? How many RBs do you start?

Assuming you will be able to keep all of the players you have listed, as well as whomever you add with the 1.05 pick (one of the top 4 rookie RBs, hopefully), I still say don't make the trade. If you are starting 3 WRs, you know Horn & Holt will be two of them most every week, assuming no injuries (which you cannot assume). The 3rd may depend on matchups and who winds up having a better year out of Burleson, Bennett and Branch -- all nice options for a #3, but all with some degree of uncertainty. But I'd still take their uncertainty over that of any of the rookie WRs this season.

Can you wait until the actual draft and see who would be available at 1.11 before making the deal? About the only way I'd want to do it is if Alex Smith slid down that far. Your QBs are okay, but are getting a little on the gray side. Or if you want to get fancy, you could make a conditional deal... something like, you'll give him Branch in exchange for 1.11 on the condition that one of the following players is still available with that pick: A.Smith, Williamson, Arrington, etc... whatever list you are comfortable with. But the guys I'd be comfortable with would likely all be gone by pick 1.11.

Revhookem,

thats not true. if he can get 1.11 for Branch and still have his 1.5 thats the best steal since i traded Walker and my 2nd for 1.1 overall.

I play in a 5 man keeper leauge as well and trust me when i say there will be better rookies and vets at 1.11 then what he'll be given up.

I just went back and looked at my leauges 2004 draft and here are some players still around after 1.05

J. jones-better then Branch

K. Jones- better then branch

J. Smith- better then branch

L. Fitzgerald- Will be better in 2005 then Branch

T. Bell Better then Branch in 2004 and 2005

I. Bruce better then Branch

J. Walker better then Branch I drafted him in the 4th round!

I could even list more if needed.

If you do your homework you can find better players then Branch and Bennett at 1.11

Bennetts numbers will drop this year the Titians are a mess on O

By the way, the rookie qb's sholud be around at 1.11 and if you think that rookie qb will post better numbers then other players drafted around the same spot your reaching. Rookie qb's have a tuff 1st year (Everyone know that! But BIG BEN was in the Right spot at the right time and this will not happen with Smith). Look at E. Manning and tell me Smiths team is better then the Gaints last year? Thats reaching man just reaching...i don't know what you are thinking Rev but thats o.k.

Edited by gogo2146

I just went back and looked at my leauges 2004 draft and here are some players still around after 1.05

J. jones-better then Branch

K. Jones- better then branch

J. Smith- better then branch

L. Fitzgerald- Will be better in 2005 then Branch

T. Bell Better then Branch in 2004 and 2005

I. Bruce better then Branch

J. Walker better then Branch I drafted him in the 4th round!

I could even list more if needed.

If you do your homework you can find better players then Branch and Bennett at 1.11

Bennetts numbers will drop this year the Titians are a mess on O

By the way, the rookie qb's sholud be around at 1.11 and if you think that rookie qb will post better numbers then other players drafted around the same spot your reaching. Rookie qb's have a tuff 1st year (Everyone know that! But BIG BEN was in the Right spot at the right time and this will not happen with Smith). Look at  E. Manning and tell me Smiths team is better then the Gaints last year? Thats reaching man just reaching...i don't know what you are thinking Rev but thats o.k.

811071[/snapback]

I'm thinking that you're talking about a 5-man keeper league, and this post is about a DYNASTY league. To me that means you keep ALL of your players for as LONG as you want, the only stipulation being there is a roster size limit. I would agree with you, gogo, if this were a 5-man keeper league and there would be quality veterans available at 1.11 (like Smith, Bruce, Walker listed above). But in a dynasty league, the ONLY players available in the draft are rookies and vets who were not on anyone's roster at the end of last season. There are still players of value at 1.11... but I question that they are more valuable than Bennett or Branch.

Also, because this is a dynasty league, you can't ONLY think about THIS season. Whoever drafts a QB as a rookie will see little to no value in his first 1-3 years, depending on the situation. But in a dynasty league, you have to draft him as a rookie to have him down the road, or else trade for him down the road. If he can get ASmith in that instance, since his other QBs are getting a bit long in the tooth, it would definitely be a trade worth making.

Just preachin' it as I sees it! :D

Yeah, there is a big difference between a 12 man and a 5 man keeper league. The vets that are going to be available are available for a reason...they stink, retired or got cut. The more I'm thinking about it the more I don't like the idea of this trade.

Rev, to answer your question we can keep anybody, as many as we want. The players I listed are my keepers. I am going to be dropping a few guys that I didn't list (not worth listing) and we play 2 RB and 3 WR.

Yeah, there is a big difference between a 12 man and a 5 man keeper league.  The vets that are going to be available are available for a reason...they stink, retired or got cut.  The more I'm thinking about it the more I don't like the idea of this trade.

Rev, to answer your question we can keep anybody, as many as we want. The players I listed are my keepers. I am going to be dropping a few guys that I didn't list (not worth listing) and we play 2 RB and 3 WR.

811786[/snapback]

For what its worth, 1.11 is probably somthing like Matt Jones, Mark Clayton or Heath Miller.

If you had TE problems I would say do it and grab Miller. But you dont, so dont ...

Well, I still think you can get better then Branch at 1.11 no matter what. One of the rookie players that will have an impact this year will fall that far. The Pats will run the ball with Dillon even more this thus making a better case to trade Branch.

You can even get the pick at 1.11 and use Bennett in a trade to get a top Wr if you want?

Well, I still think you can get better then Branch at 1.11 no matter what. One of the rookie players that will have an impact this year will fall that far.

812109[/snapback]

I might be inclined to take that trade just to add the additional "potential" to my roster but I don't know if I'm completely sold on gogo's "no matter what" line of thinking.

Here are the numbers:

-20 offensive skill position guys were taken in the first 2 rounds of this year's draft.

-16 if you take out QBs and TEs

-9 of those 16 were 1st rounders; 6WRs/3RBs

Obviously anyone could make an impact, even a 7th rounder. The bottom line is, how far down that list are you willing to go to make parting ways with Branch/Bennett worth your time? You should evaluate that list of rookies and make a list of the guys that would answer that question for you. If it's 11 or more then do it.

Edited by BS Miscreant