[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons /Spurs Sigline bet

whomper

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey to whoever said Horry wasn't one of the best guys off the bench Horry scored his 43rd 3 pointer in the playoffs surpassing Michael Jordan.  Even if Jordan wasn't shooting all 3s for a guy off the bench to do that makes him pretty D@MN good IMO

842465[/snapback]

He was a starter for several years and would wager that he probably played more games then Jordan.

A clutch shooter no doubt, but I bet he is well under 40% 3 pt shooting for his career playoffs.

He was a starter for several years and would wager that he probably played more games then Jordan.

A clutch shooter no doubt, but I bet he is well under 40% 3 pt shooting for his career playoffs.

842607[/snapback]

Horry: 931 regular season games

Jordan: 1,072

Or are you referring to playoffs only?

Horry: 194 playoff games

Jordan: 179

And I'd say that the discrepancy has alot to do with the fact that Jordan's Bulls swept so many teams out of the playoffs.

As for 3pt FG%:

Horry: Career - 34.3%, Playoffs - 35.8%

Jordan: Career - 32.7%, Playoffs - 33.2%

Sorry, didn't watch the final couple minutes, but from what I saw, that was HARDLY an ass-whoopin', my hairy friend.  Games 1 and 2?  THOSE were ass-whoopins where you KNEW who was gonna win.  Game 3 was back n' forth, no?

842294[/snapback]

Well you can't say that about game 4, can you now D.

Folks, we have a series on our hands.

If the Spurs end up losing this series they will become the Greg Norman of the NBA. :chokeartistgraemlin:

At some points during that game I had to look away from the screen..It was such a gross tea bagging that it was painful to watch.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pop(paraphrasing somewhat): "It looks like their physical play and defense has completely taken us away from what we do." Translation: 'We're friggin' SOFT!'

Timid looked like he would start crying there at the end of the game sitting with Pop.

Timid looked like he would start crying there at the end of the game sitting with Pop.

844638[/snapback]

Tirico and Stephen A. also commented on this. Stephen A said he saw the same sort of look on Timmay's face when they got destroyed by the Lakers, that it reminds him eerily of that series and that they look demoralized.

Tirico said you don't want to see your MVP and leader look dejected and forlorn like this.

Spurs= A bunch of good, likeable guys but no genitalia.

We are still not as cocky as you Spurs bandwagon cats were a couple of short games ago.  I seem to remember a certain 14 year-old who was :D crazy.

844671[/snapback]

i know you must be talking about broncos cause i am a piston fan over the spurs (although i guess i have no proof since i havent posted in this thread).

If the Spurs end up losing this series they will become the Greg Norman of the NBA. :chokeartistgraemlin:

844590[/snapback]

How in the hell is this possible? I believe the Spurs have a title and had a 2-0 lead after winning 2-games at home is nothing close to Norman and his regular 10-shot leads going into Sunday in any major. Not sure how they compare.

How in the hell is this possible?  I believe the Spurs have a title and had a 2-0 lead after winning 2-games at home is nothing close to Norman and his regular 10-shot leads going into Sunday in any major. Not sure how they compare.

844857[/snapback]

Okay, maybe a slight stretch. Don't forget that they were up on the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals 2-0 last year only to lose the next four games. Then they win the first two games against the Pistons by 15 and 21 points, turnaround and lose by 17 and 31 in the next two. If the same thing happens this year, there is no way to keep the word 'choke' out of the description.

Well gollllll-yyyy... the Pee-stons wanna make a series out of it. Eh. They're doing what any good team does: winning at home. Fortunately for the Spurs backers, the Spurs should do the same. Game 5's gonna be interesting...

Okay, maybe a slight stretch.  Don't forget that they were up on the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals 2-0 last year only to lose the next four games.  Then they win the first two games against the Pistons by 15 and 21 points, turnaround and lose by 17 and 31 in the next two.  If the same thing happens this year, there is no way to keep the word 'choke' out of the description.

844895[/snapback]

I know it is hard to show sarcasm when posting. While I am not a Spurs fan as noted before I dislike the Pistons. This comes from many years of hating the Red Army (Wings) as an Avs fan, and from hating the Lions (except Barry) as a Packer fan and being from Wisconsin in general.

I would also like to see Big Dog get a ring as he played well with the Bucks and this could be his last chance.

Losing by 31 in the Finals isn't good, but the Spurs need to look at it as a loss and move on. Does anyone know how many teams actually won all 3-games at home since they went to the 2-3-2 format? I am far too lazy and really don't care to look it up.

Dont remember the format.

But it would be safe to say that the Pistons won all their home games when they swept the Lakers in 89.

Last year when pistons won the NBA championship in 5 games against the Lakers.

Game 1 in LA -DET WIN

Game 2 in LA -LA win in OT

Game 3 in DET -DET WIN

Game 4 in DET-DET WIN

Game 5 in DET-DET Win

Next Day -Laker team dismantled. Jackson/Shaq and others quit the team.