[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons /Spurs Sigline bet

whomper

I have to admit, although I am not a fan of the NBA, I do enjoy watching the play-offs. It may just be fooball withdrawal, but I want to see games that matter. The NBA regualar season is just WAY to long. The main gripe I have with the NBA is officiating. It is so uneven that it detracts from the product. They need to go back to calling it like the college game with travels, etc. It would clean up the game. Most times I think players and fans get upset with the officiating because they'll let stuff go one game and crack down on it the next. Watching the Finals was fun this year though. And yes, chiefjay, I agree, the East is back. Unfortunately I still don't think the Pacers have enough to unseat the Pistons.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to think bowen's defensive prowess was a little overrated...obviously an excellent defender, but that it was really the team defensive scheme and that it didn't hurt to have duncan behind him. but after watching him in this series, taking whoever he was on almost completely out of the game, i may have to give him his due.

I have to admit, although I am not a fan of the NBA, I do enjoy watching the play-offs.  It may just be fooball withdrawal, but I want to see games that matter.  The NBA regualar season is just WAY to long.  The main gripe I have with the NBA is officiating.  It is so uneven that it detracts from the product.  They need to go back to calling it like the college game with travels, etc.  It would clean up the game.  Most times I think players and fans get upset with the officiating because they'll let stuff go one game and crack down on it the next.  Watching the Finals was fun this year though.  And yes, chiefjay, I agree, the East is back.  Unfortunately I still don't think the Pacers have enough to unseat the Pistons.

852873[/snapback]

I disagree with you, I think the Pacers will be stronger then ever next year as long as Ron is 100% committed which I think he will be. They may need another shooter with Reggie leaving.

Honestly, unless Dumars does something to this team in the offseason, I could definately see the Pistons losing in Round 2 next year. They may have to take a step back in order to move forward. I'm not sure what the next move needs to be, but somehow we need a more consistant scorer on the front line. Maybe Dyess steps in as a starter? I don't know, but I'm not exactly confident going into next season.

I see Detroit's problem being depth.  You just cannot only go 7 guys deep.  That's a lot of minutes.

852911[/snapback]

they are going to have a chance this offseason to change that. they have only four players becoming free agents, all of which averaged under 4 points per game.