Sign in to follow this  
Massamule

Dynasty leahue trade offer

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league and another team offered me M. Harrison and pick 2.12 for N. Burleson and pick 1.05. I'm a little leary of this trade because I like where I stand so far at nearly all positions. I wanted to use the 1.05 pick for best available rookie RB (Arrington or Shelton) and my 1.12 pick (acquired through previous trade) for H. Miller -TE or another RB.

Here's our scoring:

QB - 6pts TD, 250 yds+ 5 pts ( plus 1 pt every 50 additional yards)

RB - 6pts TD, 100 yds+ 6pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

WR - 6pts TD, 75 yds+ 5pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

TE - 6 pts TD, 50 yds+ 5pts (plus 1 pt every 25 QQadditional yards)

And here's my team:

QB

Collins, Kerry OAK

Green, Trent KCC

McCown, Josh ARI (going to cut)

RB

Anderson, Richie (going to cut)

Brown, Chris TEN

Duckett, T.J. ATL

Dunn, Warrick ATL

Harris, Joey CAR (going to cut)

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC

WR

Bennett, Drew TEN

Branch, Deion NEP

Burleson, Nate MIN

Gaffney, Jabar HOU (going to cut)

Holt, Torry STL

Horn, Joe NOS

TE

Gonzalez, Tony KCC

PK

Brown, Kris HOU

Feely, Jay NYG

D

Falcons, Atlanta ATL

Panthers, Carolina CAR

What do you guys think about the trade?

What are your starting lineup requirements?

Personally, I'd rather try shore up the #2 RB spot rather than have another top WR (with Holt and Horn, you are pretty set at 1 and 2, and Burleson has tremendous upside, especially in a dyansty).

If you can start 3 WRs, and you think you can make a legitimate run at it this year, I would consider doing the trade only because the ability to start Holt, Horn and Harrison each week along with Tomlinson is pretty formidable.

Personally, I'd rather try shore up the #2 RB spot rather than have another top WR (with Holt and Horn, you are pretty set at 1 and 2, and Burleson has tremendous upside, especially in a dyansty).

If you can start 3 WRs, and you think you can make a legitimate run at it this year, I would consider doing the trade only because the ability to start Holt, Horn and Harrison each week along with Tomlinson is pretty formidable.

856277[/snapback]

Agree on all counts.

856277[/snapback]

Agree on all counts.

856288[/snapback]

I too agree on all counts.

856277[/snapback]

starting lineup requirements are:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

starting lineup requirements are:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

856357[/snapback]

What I like about the deal:

Bein able to start Harrison, Holt and Horn each week.... freaking deadly.

With Tomlinson, you are likely a top contender for the elague with that lineup.

What scares me about the deal:

I really don't like your #2 RB situation, and with the requirement to start 2, that must be your #1 priority. I don't think you are going to get a starting RB at the #5 spot, unless you are very sure that one of the first 4 won't take an RB.

Burleson does have tremendous upside, but overall is not as proven as Harrison. Harrison you know will give you bug numbers, barring injury of course. also, Burleson is much yonger than Harrison, but with your other WRs, this is less of a concern IMO.

I guess it comes down to this... if you don't think you could package say Chris Brown or the Atlanta RBs with one of your first rounders for an RB improvement, I do the deal. You get an immediate improvement that would be a boost to your team right away.

If you can make an RB upgrade utilizing the #12 pick with one of your current RBs, I strongly consider making the trade to make a legitimate push for the title THIS YEAR, realizing you still have some very good talent for the long term.

I possibly consider moving the #12 pick with one of your current RBs for one of the top 4 picks and a throw in if they will go for it. It is a strong group of 4 rookie runners that SHOULD all contribute this year. With the rumors of Travis Henry maybe going to Tennessee, I don't mind dealing Brown and the #12 for a rookie with lots of potential and a better situation.

I even consider trying to move up from the 5 to the top 3 if the right deal came around. IMO, this group of rookie runners is worth paying to move up for in a dynasty league. Obviously it is a bit of a gamble as to which ones will pan out, but Brown has a history of injury and the Atlanta RBs cut into each others numbers too much to be relied on wekk in and week out.

I really like what Minnesota Vikes have done on both sides of the ball this offseason, especially on the dst. That being said, Daunte & Co., are goiing to put up some fantastic numbers ..... and I look forward to watching Burleson be the main man!

Even though the Manning / Harrison combo is wicked, stick with Burleson and your pics.

JMHO

This is obviously a deal to consider...but I do think you already have a strong lineup given your requirements. I would be concerned about RB#2 however and you can probably help yourself more focusing on that.

That said...Holt Harrison Horn

WOW!

i had Harrison/Holt/Burlesson in a 16 team IDP league and traded Harrison straight up for RAY RAY this yr. now after a few deals i have Holt/Burlesson/Ward to start at WR

So far I totally agree that having a WR corp of Holt, Horn, Harrison would look pretty nice on paper.

The one thing I am having a little problem seeing is my need for a 2nd RB. I do already have C. Brown and when he is healthy he's a pretty darn good #2 back. When he's not healthy I have Dunn/Duckett to fill in. I was just thinking that I could find a prospect in this years rookie draft that I could plug in from time to time this year, but more importantly have around in years to come( such as a Shelton who should see plenty of goal line carries this year, and who knows what kind of action if Davis and Foster are injured).

That being said I offered a trade to another team to try to get S. Jackson. I was thinking a trade like Dunn and Duckett for Jackson. Or even D and D including my #1.12 draft spot for Jackson. I haven't heard back yet. We'll see what he thinks.

I would just hate to see Burleson have a great year/career and Harrison continue to tail off due to age and emergence of other qualified options for Manning to throw to.

Thanks for your input so far!

I do think it is possible that either WR could have a bigger yr than the other. Fact is you have two goods ones already. I think sometimes we get too pumped to grab that great WR Pair or Trio.

You mentioned your concern at RB2 and several others posting here myself included have as well. If NOT making this deal allows you to seal that concern and to do it with a strong rookie RB, you might find yourself in a position to trade either Dunn and Duckett or Brown once the season starts for killer WR.

If I could be thrilled with all my positions but one, I would pick WR#3. And someone always comes from nowhere to finish in the top ten anyway.

Harrison fell off last yr but still had 11 TDs. Moss I believe "only" had 14.

If he fell to 8, he would still likely be top 10. Is the risk of perhaps a HUGH breakout year for Burleson worth concerns at RB#2? Well, given that you ARE in a Dynasty league, as I said in my first post...you have to consider it.

But, I think perhaps it may be wiser to resist the temptation. Just my .02. Again.

Good luck

I think you reject that trade. How many more years does Harrison have left? (That sounds wierd to say) You do need to focus on the future without giving up everything to acquire Harrison. You're receivers would be just crazy if you made the trade, but I say you stay with what you have.

I would keep what you have. You are solid at receiver and have the stud rb. Brown and Duckett have plenty of upside and grabbing a rookie rb will surely help. Since it is a dynasty league, I'd say keep what you have for the future.

your good I'd site tight on what you have. Interesting subject trades, theres a site out their called www.fantasyfootballstarters.com and they are rolling out an interactive trade analyzer later this week. Not proping the site for sales, but do think they have a cool concept using predictive analysis and real time player updates. good luck

I don't think it's a matter of whether you do the trade. A comment you made is really eye opening. Taking Arrington at 1.5 if he is there is a no brainer and you will be lucky, if you take Shelton at 1.5 you are a fool. Way to early for Shelton when you have solid WR's available. Shelton may never make the field. If you want Shelton then trade down to 1.8 or so but please don't waste the 1.5 pick on him.

I don't think it's a matter of whether you do the trade.  A comment you made is really eye opening.  Taking Arrington at 1.5 if he is there is a no brainer and you will be lucky, if you take Shelton at 1.5 you are a fool.  Way to early for Shelton when you have solid WR's available.  Shelton may never make the field.  If you want Shelton then trade down to 1.8 or so but please don't waste the 1.5 pick on him.

865535[/snapback]

Whoa! I didn't think Shelton at 5 would make me a fool! Everything I've heard about him is pretty positive. He has 2 aging and fragile starters in front of him. Not to mention the fact that even if they are healthy, he's going to be the goal line back right away because he's impressed the coaches so far in camps. He could easily be a great bye week filler this year, and who knows next year, he could be the starter. That's a pretty good pick for 1.5 in a dynasty league if you ask me.