[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please help! New Dynasty trade offer

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league and another team offered me Rudi Johnson for N. Burleson and Chris Brown. I have the 5th, 12th and 17th pick in the fantasy free agent/ rookie draft coming up.

We start:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

Here's our scoring:

QB - 6pts TD, 250 yds+ 5 pts ( plus 1 pt every 50 additional yards)

RB - 6pts TD, 100 yds+ 6pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

WR - 6pts TD, 75 yds+ 5pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

TE - 6 pts TD, 50 yds+ 5pts (plus 1 pt every 25 QQadditional yards)

And here's my team:

QB

Collins, Kerry OAK

Green, Trent KCC

McCown, Josh ARI (going to cut)

RB

Anderson, Richie (going to cut)

Brown, Chris TEN

Duckett, T.J. ATL

Dunn, Warrick ATL

Harris, Joey CAR (going to cut)

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC

WR

Bennett, Drew TEN

Branch, Deion NEP

Burleson, Nate MIN

Gaffney, Jabar HOU (going to cut)

Holt, Torry STL

Horn, Joe NOS

TE

Gonzalez, Tony KCC

PK

Brown, Kris HOU

Feely, Jay NYG

D

Falcons, Atlanta ATL

Panthers, Carolina CAR

What do you guys think about the trade?

I'd do that trade in a second. Brown is an injury and a Travis Henry trade waiting to happen. It would hurt to let Burleson go, but you have Horn and Holt so who cares. Maybe you can get another ok receiver back since you'll have an empty roster spot. I think Rudi is going to do great this season. That leaves you with Green/Collins at QB, LT and Rudi at RB, and Holt and Horn at WR. Looks good to me.

IF Brown can stay healthy, and I honestly believe it's possible, it's a horrible trade for you. Burleson is a future top 5 WR, and Johnson and Brown are a wash imo. Again, this all hinges on my belief that Brown will actually play close to a full season.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Without a third RB that you can count on, it would be much safer to have Johnson than Brown. I'd do the deal but see if you can put in 1.05 and keep Burleson. Unless you think one of the top four RBs will be there at 1.05. I'd rather have Burleson than Edwards, Williamson or Williams.

Alright... I counter-offered this:

Brown and pick 1.05 for Rudi.

Or

Brown and (Branch/pick1.12) for Rudi

He countered w/ this:

Brown, Burleson and pick 1.05 for Rudi, B. Lloyd and pick 1.04

I think he really likes Burleson :D

This looks better though, for some reason or another I'm just not real high on Rudi. I don't know why that is but I'm also having trouble letting go of Burleson.

What do you guys think of this latest offer?

Alright... I counter-offered this:

Brown and pick 1.05 for Rudi.

Or

Brown and (Branch/pick1.12) for Rudi

He countered w/ this:

Brown, Burleson and pick 1.05 for Rudi, B. Lloyd and pick 1.04

I think he really likes Burleson :D

This looks better though, for some reason or another I'm just not real high on Rudi. I don't know why that is but I'm also having trouble letting go of Burleson.

What do you guys think of this latest offer?

866911[/snapback]

Why are you so desperate to get Rudi?? Chris Brown could be just as good, and Burleson could become a star??? I don't know why you are even considering this.

Why are you so desperate to get Rudi?? Chris Brown could be just as good, and Burleson could become a star???  I don't know why you are even considering this.

866922[/snapback]

Who said I was desperate to get Rudi?!?

Look at my last post - I said I wasn't sure about Rudi. But I may be even more unsure of Brown (with the injuries and all, plus a possible trade to get Henry, Brown's future is very risky right now).

Who said I was desperate to get Rudi?!?

Look at my last post - I said I wasn't sure about Rudi. But I may be even more unsure of Brown (with the injuries and all, plus a possible trade to get Henry, Brown's future is very risky right now).

866928[/snapback]

Still, you have Dunn if Brown gets hurt. There is NO need to do this deal.

Sure you have great depth, so why trade it away if you don't have any glaring needs?? I don't see this trade helping you at all. And remember, Chris Perry is still there backing Rudi up.

IF Brown can stay healthy, and I honestly believe it's possible, it's a horrible trade for you. Burleson is a future top 5 WR, and Johnson and Brown are a wash imo. Again, this all hinges on my belief that Brown will actually play close to a full season.

865596[/snapback]

He hit the nail on the head! I feel the same way!

I would not do this deal. You are giving up too much. Burleson is going to be a star and Rudi is good but I think Brown is his equal. There is no guarntee with anyone when it comes to injury, Brown may not be as injury prone as alot of posters assume. You are not getting fair market value here in my humble opinion.

I think 1.04 is a lot more valuable than 1.05. The RB you can get at 1.04 would probably go around the same spot as Burleson, if not higher, in an initial dynasty draft. You could probably trade 1.04 for a second-tier top WR. Maybe 1.04 and 1.12 for Chad or Andre Johnson. With the way he likes Burleson, you could probably ask for a little more in that deal and get it. So see if he has anything you like. Maybe another first-round pick. Perhaps a better WR than Lloyd to put in.

And Dunn is not a RB you would want to count on as your No. 2, so stop saying he has the needed depth at RB to cover Brown people.

Stay where you are at. I'm not a huge Brown or Rudi fan, but there is no way I'd give up Burleson and Brown for Rudi. Don't worry about the picks. You will either end up with JJ Arringon or Braylon Edwards at the 1.05. Then if you don't like what you can have, you can make a trade. I'd stay put for now.

Saying don't worry about the picks, you can get Arrington or Edwards at 1.05 is asinine. Arrington has a much higher value than Edwards. The pick swap is a major factor.

869209[/snapback]

Still, Rudi Johnson is not a major upgrade over Chris Brown, and he is giving up one of the top young up-and-coming WR in the league to do this. It is an idiotic move, no doubt.

Speaking about the picks. Am I the only one that would be happy with getting Shelton at #5. I have no idea what the overall rankings are for all Rookie positions, but I would guess Shelton would come in at pick #5. I can't imagine a QB, WR or TE would crack the top 5 considering the teams these guys are going to. The only one I could see getting close to Shelton's #5 spot would be T Williamson ( and that's solely because of the team he joins).

This trade offer has me stumped. I'm thinking about counter-offering: Brown, Burleson and pick 1.05 for K. Jones, B. Lloyd and pick 1.4.

This guy really wants Burleson bad, too bad the only guys he has that I would want are Rudi, Harrison and Kevin Jones.

Edited by Massamule

No harm in making that counter offer. See how much he really likes Brown and Burleson.

And Rudi Johnson is a decent upgrade over Chris Brown at this point because Johnson is a consistent performer. Cincy's offense should improve this year because Palmer has gained experience. That improvement will give Johnson more opportunities to score. Brown perhaps has a higher upside but his downside is certainly bigger. With only Warrick Dunn to replace Brown if he is injured, I would much rather count on Rudi.

Edited by John_Galt