[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie lookin' good

Guest Sores

Guest Sores
Rookie receiver has a bright future

Fans and members of the media may have been surprised when Terrence Murphy was selected in the second round of last April’s draft, but the young wide receiver is quickly making GM Ted Thompson look really smart. “He was very quiet in May, but he really came on in June,” said a former scout who attended both minicamps. “He’s far more impressive at this early stage of his professional career than were either Javon Walker or Robert Ferguson. He’ll struggle once the pads go on because all rookies in this system do, but the kid has a bright future.” According to the scout, Murphy is strong enough to get away from the line of scrimmage, intelligent enough to read and react to different coverages and tough enough to make plays over the middle. He also has good hands and an explosiveness that allows him to play even faster than he times.

While the Packers don’t expect Murphy to make a major contribution on offense right away, he’s far more capable of doing so than were either Walker or Ferguson. “Walker dropped pass after pass in his first two minicamps and seemed overwhelmed,” said the scout. “Ferguson didn’t have a clue. Murphy just looks like a guy who belongs.” Ideally, the former Texas A&M star will help on special teams and be used sparingly at wide receiver in 2005. “He’s going to make an impact, but probably not until next season,” added the scout. “And in my opinion, this kid will be good enough in the near future to replace either Walker or Donald Driver.”

Great line here.  Wonder what Javon might think about that.

867256[/snapback]

He is thinking that GB should now pay him even more $$$.

Their blind squirrel drafting department has to eventually find a nut. :D

868107[/snapback]

I don't understand why they didn't use the draft to fix their defense. QB and WR were obviously not priority needs for their team. :D

I don't understand why they didn't use the draft to fix their defense.  QB and WR were obviously not priority needs for their team.  :D

868131[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying, but there is also something to be said for drafting the best player on the board. Regardless of needs they couldn't pass up Rodgers in the 1st.

One thing I've learned from being in a dynasty league...

If you read the local papers, every rookie has a write up like this. I've been surfing kffl, and right now, every rookie on my roster is primed to be a star... according to the coaches.

... well, except the ones who haven't signed contracts. :D

With Mason, Heap and a mainly run-oriented offense?  Good luck with that!  :D

868945[/snapback]

Sig line bet? You pick ANY other rookie WR, he'll out-stat them. Ask Puddy, it is very out-of-character for me to be higher on a Sooner than a beloved Wolverine.

Sig line bet?  You pick ANY other rookie WR, he'll out-stat them.  Ask Puddy, it is very out-of-character for me to be higher on a Sooner than a beloved Wolverine.

868950[/snapback]

Now now, don't get saucy with me, fella! :D I'm just sayin' its gonna be tough for him to be ROY with Arrington, Benson, Brown and Williams all starting for their respective teams and will be looked to produce big time.

Clayton's by far the most polished rookie WR here this season, and Boller will get him the ball. I just don't think he'll make a hugh impact.... because he doesn't HAVE to.

Let's chat as the season draws closer; I'm pretty sure Edwards, Williamson... heck, even Mike Williams... may have better stats than Clayton.

Now now, don't get saucy with me, fella!  :D  I'm just sayin' its gonna be tough for him to be ROY with Arrington, Benson, Brown and Williams all starting for their respective teams and will be looked to produce big time.

Clayton's by far the most polished rookie WR here this season, and Boller will get him the ball.  I just don't think he'll make a hugh impact.... because he doesn't HAVE to.

Let's chat as the season draws closer; I'm pretty sure Edwards, Williamson... heck, even Mike Williams... may have better stats than Clayton.

868960[/snapback]

Williamson, pick him. :horseshackvoice:

We'll talk closer to the regular season. :D