[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#4th Overall Pick

Its a Survival League

So the players i pick now are for the year NO TRADES NO Pickups

22 man roster

Pick one LT

Pick Two Holmes

Pick three i think will be James

So do i take a chance on Alexnader who might hold out

Manning Top QB

Or go with McGahee

1p 10y ..Rush/Rec

4p TD Pass

1p 20y Passing

1p Per REception

Help!!!!

i would bet good money that alexander is there on opening day. how many modern day holdouts have we seen carry into the regular season? like darin said, if you are still unsure about him, take manning and worry about running backs later. but personally i would take shaun.

I have # 4 in my modified keeper league with Tatum Bell and Antonio Gates as keepers.

I believe the first three in my league will be:

LT2

Shaun Alexander

Edgerrin James

If that is how it goes, I will be considering Jamal Lewis, Peyton Manning or Priest.

I believe that Jamal is gonna be HUGH. I know stats and his history dont necessarily say so but, I just like the Ravens this year. I think he is well rested, well motivated and I think the offense will be better overall taking some of the pressure of the constant 8 man lines. His EOS is tough but in his division it always is.

Peyton may not match his totals from last year and in my league passing TD's are only 4 points. But there are bonus points for TD's over 40 and that helps. He is clearly at the top of his game and it is never bad to have the best player at a position and 1.04 may be too early but not ALOT too early.

Priest is still electric, and I belive in our point system averages like 25 pts per game for the past 3 seasons. Of course, that gets you to the playoffs but if he isnt playing, your not gonna win. You must get Larry Johnson and you will probably have to get him at a steep price to make sure.

For me, I will take any of the first three if available. Right now, I probably take Manning if they are gone. But I do not want to go QB first in a ten team league and if I do, it means that Tatum Bell HAS to be good. I like having him for his upside potential but would prefer he start the season as RB#3 (we must play 2).

Just some ramblings on thoughts at 4.

Good luck

I have the same Problem! In my league unlike yours I don't know what's going to happen above me! Last year Manning went first Round 1st pick overall! I couldn't believe it! Then I had another owner take Moss 1.05 Holt 2nd round and then he went T. Gonz in the 3rd! Needless to say he didn't do well without a stud @RB!

These people pay good money so who am I to question there play?

I'm thinking a little different from you, I'm trying to trade down and pick up an extra pick in the top 30! that's my plan! I already had a deal worked out but he changed his mind! Back to the drawing board with the same problem as you! If I do pick @ 1.04 I'm going to go with the best player there! I just hope that's not Manning because I don'r like the idea of taking a QB in the first round at all!

I would take Edge since he will be there for you. He catches a decent # of balls out of the backfield too. Although I think Manning would be hard to pass up, I think you can draft 2 solid QBs later. I don't think you could do the same with the RBs. A survival league sounds tough!

Ok things have changed!!

Manning went 3rd

So do i take James or Alexander??

thanks

869017[/snapback]

Alexander.

Ok things have changed!!

Manning went 3rd

So do i take James or Alexander??

thanks

869017[/snapback]

Alexander will be gone.

871269[/snapback]

Manning is money in the bank!

881240[/snapback]

:D

Take it is all past? I would go with James, but what happened?