[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade M. Harrison

gogo2146

I have a keeper team I just took over. Here is the team we keep 4-5 I already traded Witten for M. Williams and D. Jackson this is my Team so far.

T. Green

M. Harrison

M. Williams

D. Jackson

I can trade Harrison for Foster and M. Clayton ( T.B.) I have zero RB's in this leauge they are hard to find. I pick #7 overall and will not have a shoot at any of the rookies this year. I do not want to trade a draft pick.

What do you think?

Edited by gogo2146

Please tell me you're not considering keeping Moe Williams.

881064[/snapback]

Funny, I can't think you would ask that. No it's Mike Williams from the Lions. Thanks for asking, please kill me if I did that.

Today, I was watching NFL network and they said Foster was the starter and they will give Shelton a shot for the starting spot so this does not sound like good information about Davis. There was nothing said about Davis though? Makes you wonder waht is going on.....

Man, I'd throw back all the players and take picks instead, if you could. You've got no true 1st round talent. Foster is 4th-5th round material based on what we know now (though that will change as more is known), Green is a 4th rounder, and Jackson is a 3rd-4th rounder.

Throw 'em back, if you can.

Manning throws just 39 TD's..lets say.....Clark will get 8 or so....Wayne good for 10-12...Edge good for 3-4..Stokley good for 4-5 say...that would leave 11-14 for Harrison...can't say that for Clayton as they IMO(BUCS) plan to run with Williams and Pittman--Bucs will be conservative team and Clayton will get respect and attention this year....

Foster, Davis, Shelton, Goings...looks like RBBC to me...two 5th rounders for a 2nd rounder..no way..if it was a Dynasty league, possibly...try get a 3rd or 4th round back with Clayton...what's this other guy's roster look like???

Thanks guys, but I do need to do something here this is a four player league and this team made the playoffs with this roster might I add I also have K. Johnson not that it matters.

I would like to get a rb and a draft pick for Harrison but I don't think it will happen.

FYI, Edge has not had a receiving TD in almost two and a half seasons. . .

881620[/snapback]

Well most of this is speculation and if Edge gets more involved in the passing game(which is what the Colts got to be thinking) he'll max out at 3-4 if not all the more for Harrison, et al.....the idea here is there is plenty of scores for Harrison available at a low (for Manning) output for a high scoring team...

You still didn't answer who the owner you are trying to trade with has at RB.....

What do you think?

879952[/snapback]

I think you're in bad shape with no RBs in a 4/5 keeper league. Did you not have any choice on who to keep? Did the former owner throw back all his RBs and then quit? If you won't have any of the the top rookie RBs available at #7 pick you almost have to try to trade Harrison for a better RB than Foster.

Agree that you need to trade for a starting RB, agree that Marvin is your best bait. Not sure however that Foster is the answer. I'd keep shopping.

These articles are not really 'current news', but food for thought on Foster ... italics mine:

• 23MAY05 Fox Sports on Eric Shelton reports: DeShaun Foster likely will be the opening day starter at running back, but rookie Eric Shelton is going to get plenty of carries. Foster comes with durability concerns, and he's had problems with fumbles in the past. The coaches love Foster's speed and explosiveness, but they don't want him carrying 25 or 30 times a game. Shelton is a power runner, and coach John Fox and coordinator Dan Henning like to control the clock.

• 01MAY05 Charlotte Observer on DeShaun Foster: Panthers RB Foster has dealt with some health issues of his own, suffering season-ending injuries in 2 of his 3 seasons in the NFL. With Foster the most likely candidate to be the feature back on opening day, there's been concerns about his durability. But he doesn't think it's fair to call him injury-prone. "I'm going to call it freak accidents," Foster said. "It's not like I'm pulling hamstrings from working out and stuff like that. There's nothing I could have done to strengthen my collarbone or stop me from tearing cartilage in my knee. I'm just going to get in there and play ball. I try not to get too caught up in it."

I like the trade Harrison and a 3rd for Foster/Clayton and a 10th

My team with the trade:

T. Green

Foster

Clayton

M. Williams

D. Jax

I have a supp. draft pick and 1.07 overall

882199[/snapback]

Foster is not an answer. The only trade I's make in your position would be putting Harrison with you 1.07 and trading up to 1.01 or 2 in order to get Benson or RBrown. foster is by no means a long term solution and that's what you really need. Otherwise, I'd look for a different trade or stand pat and potentially burn the season, but get the high pick next season.

Foster is not an answer. The only trade I's make in your position would be putting Harrison with you 1.07 and trading up to 1.01 or 2 in order to get Benson or RBrown. foster is by no means a long term solution and that's what you really need. Otherwise, I'd look for a different trade or stand pat and potentially burn the season, but get the high pick next season.

882916[/snapback]

I agree. Don't trade your best WR right now just to get a starting RB. This is a long term league. You're not going to win this year anyway. If you must trade Marvin, get a stud RB in return. Now is not the time for it. Wait till a team is desperate. Middle of the season or something.

FYI, Edge has not had a receiving TD in almost two and a half seasons. . .

881620[/snapback]

I've got #3 in a 12 team redraft, and have a question about this: do they not dump to him near the goal line anymore? Or has he simply been the victim of bad luck, getting brought down close to the goal line the past two seasons (meaning he's due?)

Beyond that I like him at #3 since he's the only RB guaranteed to never see "eight in the box" under non-goalline circumstances this year.

Sorry guys, i have to disagree with everone so far. I think Clayton will do just fine this year and will be close to Harrison's numbers. I also think Foster will be a good back not a top 5 but good and soild. I have to realy think on doing this trade and if the season goes up in smoke well it was gonna go before the trade. So I'll see what happens, Foster could be the back that just breaks out and everyone will say that was a great trade or It will be the worst move I've ever made.

I'll see.

Can you package Harrison and another WR for a really really top RB (like Edge)? Would you have any interest in SJax for Harrison as the basis of a trade?

I simply think you can (and should) do better than Clayton/Foster ... and it's not because I don't REALLY like Clayton.