[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

draft Pick #5

VikePower

we start 1qb, 2rbs, 3 wrs , 1 te-k-d

I have kept: KJones - Edge & C Johnson and have the 5th pick in the 1st

My choices are:

Cpepp - probably gone by the time I pick

CMart

Horn

Gonzo

Mcnabb

Wayne

Caddy W

Ward

A Johnson

Then I pick 19&23

others that may be available then

Bulger

C Brown

Arrington

Dunn

Burelson

benson

S Smith?

Coles

R Brown

M Clayton

L Fitz

Staley

Barlow

Favre

Foster

Plummer

these are just guesses but they are available

Whats a good 1-2-3 punch here? Go qb 1st then wr - wr, go wr-wr and wait on a qb? or snag gonzo and get an advantage at te and then go wr qb..

Interested in hearing how y'all would play it out -

Thanks - will respond to yours...

we start 1qb, 2rbs, 3 wrs , 1 te-k-d

I have kept: KJones - Edge & C Johnson and have the 5th pick in the 1st

My choices are:

Cpepp - probably gone by the time I pick

CMart

Horn

Gonzo

Mcnabb

Wayne

Caddy W

Ward

A Johnson

Then I pick 19&23

others that may be available then

Bulger

C Brown

Arrington

Dunn

Burelson

benson

S Smith?

Coles

R Brown

M Clayton

L Fitz

Staley

Barlow

Favre

Foster

Plummer

these are just guesses but they are available

Whats a good 1-2-3 punch here? Go qb 1st then wr - wr, go wr-wr and wait on a qb? or snag gonzo and get an advantage at te and then go wr qb..

Interested in hearing how y'all would play it out -

Thanks - will respond to yours...

885623[/snapback]

Well, with your first pick, you have to determine whether you want to go with a RB or WR, assuming C-Pepp's gone. If he's still there for you, I suggest taking him. If he's not, you have to figure out if perhaps drafting another RB is wise. I wouldn't waste that pick on C-Mart; he only has 1-2 good seasons left in him, and taking him would require you to grab his handcuff, Blaylock, at some point mid-to-late in the draft. You're probably better off grabbing Wayne here; he's gonna be the #1 for Indy this season (some say) or at least within 1-2 seasons. That spells fantasy gold. Gonzalez, however, is an interesting pick here. He's not all that young, so perhaps investing a high pick in him wouldn't be wise. Should I assume Gates is being kept? Where do you project the likes of Heap, Witten and Crumpler to be drafted? If you can grab a guy like Witten later in the draft, I would stick with drafting Wayne with this pick.

Other notes on this pick: Ward? No freakin' way. Johnson? Possibly, but Wayne has better upside. Horn's too old. McNabb's a decent choice here, but you can get the likes of Green or Bulger later. Caddy? If guys like Benson are available later, why waste this pick on Caddy?

Now, on to your next picks... assuming you grab Wayne with that pick, I think it'd be best to take Bulger at #19, if he's there. With the #23 pick, I think you just take the best available. No one would look at you manhood-eyed if you took Witten here, given your TE requirement. If you think he'll last until your next pick, perhaps you take a young stud RB like Benson or Brown with this pick to give you some trade leverage later in the season or future seasons.

Hope that helps. :D

I would seriously consider going McNabb in round 1 with the team you already have. You own two solid RBs and a great #1WR. IMO, McNabb is worth significantly more than any of the other players available that you listed.

After taking McNabb, go WR:WR or WR:TE if Heap, Witten, or Crumpler were still there at 23 (assuming Gonzo and Gates are gone by then).

Just my thoughts.

I would seriously consider going McNabb in round 1 with the team you already have. You own two solid RBs and a great #1WR. IMO, McNabb is worth significantly more than any of the other players available that you listed.

After taking McNabb, go WR:WR or WR:TE if Heap, Witten, or Crumpler were still there at 23 (assuming Gonzo and Gates are gone by then).

Just my thoughts.

885747[/snapback]

:D I partially agree... but they must start 3 WRs. What would you project him getting with the next 2 WR picks? I think he'd be better off going WR-QB-TE.

Witten is gone and my first inclination is to go with mcnabb - but Owens is such a freakin head case who knows what he will do?

I think Wayne is up and coming and marvin may be slipping some.

In terms of keeping players - we can not keep any players drafted in the first 3 rounds anyway so at this stage Im looking at dependable talent that

is a notch above - I see Wayne - Gonzo (although he has a tough schedule) - Horn (hes old but this is just for this year anyway) and Cmart as the best of the first group mentioned -

That leaves me at picks 19&23 going for the best qb available and another wr/rb depending

Or am I missing something ...??thanks again