[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TRADE HELP!I'm trading with someonenow!

Should I trade Michael Bennett and Deion Branch for Roy Williams? The problem I have with doing this is that Bennet is my backup RB, without him I will not have an RB in case my starting RBs (LT, Ahman, Edgerrin) get hurt or when they have a bye week. Branch does not start for me, while Roy Williams would start over Eddie Kennison or Brandon Stokley (problem with that is that I have Peyton Manning and Trent Green as my starting QB and I like having combos like that)

What should I do?!?!

Bennett as your RB4, eh? Not bad at all. But, if Eddie Kennison and Brandon Stokley are your WR2 and WR3, that tells me you took a hit at that position to be solid at another. Assuming you start 2RB's and 3 WR's in your league, I would make the trade. If you can start 3RB's, it's more risky. Judging by the RB's you have, is it safe to assume his starting RB's suck? If so, check out his team and see what other positions he has you beat in. If his TE/Def are better than yours, tell him you also want to swap one of those.

Bennett as your RB4, eh?  Not bad at all.  But, if Eddie Kennison and Brandon Stokley are your WR2 and WR3, that tells me you took a hit at that position to be solid at another.  Assuming you start 2RB's and 3 WR's in your league, I would make the trade.  If you can start 3RB's, it's more risky.  Judging by the RB's you have, is it safe to assume his starting RB's suck?  If so, check out his team and see what other positions he has you beat in.  If his TE/Def are better than yours, tell him you also want to swap one of those.

889991[/snapback]

Therein lies the problem. 1: Stokley and Kennison are my WR3 and WR4, we start fourin my league. We start 3 RBs in the league, and his do suck. And also, he doesn't really have any other player that could help me out, or at least not anyone that he would sell at a fair price.

Here is my team

P Manning/Trent Green/A Smith/Roethliseberger

LT/Ahman/Edgerrin/Q Griffin/M Bennett

Jimmy Smith/Mike Clayton/Stokley/Kennison/Samie Parker/Deion Branch

Dallas Clark/Bubba Franks

Colts DST

Jeff Reed

Here is his team

Plummer/Mcnair/Losman/Volek

Domanick Davis/Portis/Suggs/Chris Brown

Roy Will/COles/Galloway/McCardell/Braylon Edwards/Peerless Price

Heap/Wiggins

Broncos/Steelers

Longwell

This is a league where we start 2 Qbs, 3 Rbs, 4 Wrs, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K

My only idea is maybe I should ask him to add in Samie Parker and Braylon Edwards to the deal cause I don't really need Parker and Edwards has a chance to be pretty good....Or maybe I could give him the Colts and ask for the Steelers in the deal?

Edited by AoNrDaYnAge

stay where you are. you have 2 top 10, maybe top 5 quarterbacks to start. you have 3 top 15 backs, and your receivers aren't really that shaky. smith will be consistent and jax says they are going to air it out more. clayton was very good last year. stokley plays with manning and kennison is a number 1 on his team and quietly consistent.

i'm just not sure that roy williams is enough of an upgrade of your top 4 now to give up important depth at a very important position.

and might i add, parker and branch fill in your bench pretty well.

I wouldn't. IMO...you're helping him out alot more than he's helping you out. You've already got great QBs and RBs and your WRs are decent. I just don't see Roy Williams making up the difference of you losing your only backup RB (who may actually have a good year depending on how the passing game turns out in Minny). I'd sit tight if I were you.

Edited by Haskel

Now that I see your starting requirements, don't do the deal. Your QB's will rule the league, your RB's are great, a decent TE, kickers will be kickers, and defenses, with the exception of a select few, are not sure things. You have me confused on your WR's though. Seems that you listed your players in your projected order. You have:

1 - Jimmy Smith

2 - Mike Clayton

3 - Stokley

4 - Kennison

5 - Samie Parker

6 - Deion Branch

I think this order may change quickly for you. I like your mix of old proven performers and young guys. Deion may be better than you think this year.