[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 Fantasy Football Handbook

Sgt. Ryan

I recently picked up my copy in the Books section of the bookstore under sports-football. Just an FYI for those who have come away empty only looking in the magazine section.

Well worth the $10 price tag. I had one coming and I still purchased a copy Friday. Personally magazines are generally bathroom reading material for me, but this one is loaded with facts, analysis and opinions that are worth reading before any draft. I have to admit, I might actually be taking this to my next draft along with my personal cheatsheet.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

While it obviously contains our analysis and opinion, we strive to make it equally informative for people trying to decide themselves on players with a lot of analyzed stats and such. Because the page format is different than what is available on the web, we include the "per game" stats for the previous year along with the write-ups and 3 year cumulative stats for every player which is a nice resource too.

It is a lot of work but I always love the results. There's a whole lot of information in it and while I am a "internet guy", I wear out at least one or more copies of it during the season since I use it as a resource myself.

I recently picked up my copy in the Books section of the bookstore under sports-football.  Just an FYI for those who have come away empty only looking in the magazine section.

Well worth the $10 price tag.  I had one coming and I still purchased a copy Friday.  Personally magazines are generally bathroom reading material for me, but this one is loaded with facts, analysis and opinions that are worth reading before any draft.  I have to admit, I might actually be taking this to my next draft along with my personal cheatsheet.

892542[/snapback]

Thanks Sgt .. Good info here .. I know I would have looked with the magazine section.

a whole lot of information in it and while I am a "internet guy", I wear out at least one or more copies of it during the season since I use it as a resource myself.

892556[/snapback]

Is this your way of trying to get us to buy more than one of them?

892559[/snapback]

There could be reasons to purchase more than one ...

- Put one in the bathroom to read

- Put one in your desk at work

- Put one in the car incase you forget to take the one from the bathroom or the one from work to the draft

:D

892559[/snapback]

I think it would be better for everyone to buy several as they make wonderful Labo Day gifts in addition to being topnotch for reading on the beach (or to hold and look like you are reading it while you wear dark sunglasses and check out the waves, sand and such). Throw in another for your resource archive library and one to help make that table stop wobbling and you are ready for the convenient 12-pack I am going to pitch next year to the publishers.

i thought if we participated in the IDP draft we got one comp'd. :D

not that I'm cheap or anything. :D  I guess i'll jam a crowbar in my wallet ( I mean Mrs. Frazia's wallet) and pry out a 10 spot. :D  :D

892592[/snapback]

Amazon.com

Baker & Taylor

Barnes & Noble

Best Buy

Blockbuster Video

Books A Million

Borders Bookstores

CompUSA

GameStop

Hollywood Video Kmart

Meijer

Shopko

Sports Authority

Wal*Mart

i thought if we participated in the IDP draft we got one comp'd. :D

892592[/snapback]

If I get enough galley copies I will, but I have not even gotten one copy so far.

I thought the title of the magazine was going to be:

"The Huddles 2005 Fantasy Football Handbook: How to Win Sofa League by drafting 2 Qb's in the First 4 rounds or How to ensure Jamal Lewis Gets knocked out for the season by drafting him 2 days before he suffers a year ending knee injury".

I guess that was a little too wordy for the publishers... :D

I couldn't find it at Barnes and Noble, so I crossed the road and found it at Borders. It was in the book section, not with the dozen or so "other" FF magazines with LT on the cover.

And the impulse buy was a book called "Football Abstract", which reminded me of my "Baseball Abstract" days from the 80s.. I thumbed through it and it seems interesting...