[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Backup QB

lynch

I am in a redraft league. I picked up Kerry Collins as my starting QB. I am very solid at RB, TE, and WR.

I have Chad Pennington as my backup, who I like and think will rebound with Coles(fav target) back at WR. Steve McNair has become available, should I go with Air McNair or stick with Chad?

One injury recovery over the other? Pennington is safer, but if you're a risk taker, I love McNair ... even with a WR departed, I think he'll come back big this year. Smart move? Play safe and take Pennington -- Collins is already a risk.

I would stay with Pennington. Mcnair is around 32 and Pennington is 29 so stay with the younger of the two injury prone - Mcnair seems really brittle and actually considered retiring last season because he gets so lit up. Pennington and Coles baby (I remember that season)!

I'd stick with Chad also. I think McNair has more scoring potential, but since its for backup purposes I'd rather have someone more likely to make it thru the season, and that would be Pennington.

I would go with Chad. While it is tempting to take McNair, Chad should be more consistent and if Collins doesnt do what everone thinks he will this year (for my sake and the Chiefs I hope he doesnt) then I would hate to rely on McNair to hold my team together. I had McNair as my starter last year :D and it was a head ache every week combing the wire for replacements and gambling with putting him in.