[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new "32 Homers" league trying to get started

Robash

I wasn't on the previous waiting list...but definitely in and would manage any team....but have a preference.....kinda hard to see who has what already (if I'm in)..let me know if I'm in..... :D

896491[/snapback]

i keep an update list of everyones preferances for teams on the very first post

and with that being said we only need 10 more people to make this a reality. i will be posting the list of shunned NFL franchises here in a moment.

what is really suprising is that with 22 people that said they are interested/in and have given preferances there isnt a single problem yet for people wanting the same team and only that team.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is really suprising is that with 22 people that said they are interested/in and have given preferances there isnt a single problem yet for people wanting the same team and only that team.

897719[/snapback]

I want the Vikings - It is a homer league of course. I think Homers should have priority. I know the vikes are already taken, but why should I take a different team? I only root for one team and one team only. I think you should match up the homers 1st then fill in the rest for the people that want in. Isn't that how the other league is ran?

I know you are, digitaldan posted the vikings first...since that is the only team he gave, one would assume he is a vikings homer.

I posted that because you listed 3 teams after i said go ahead and post most of us are flexible. I understand if you dont want to run a differant team, and at your request ill remove you.

and yes the other league is ran that way, but they also have non-homers controlling teams and thier priority is getting homers to thier team when people drop, before finding a completely new homer. homer is the name of the game, but the league survival or birth in this case is pretty important as well. thats why I asked people to put any team they are willing to run, heck im a huge giants fan but if we need owners and someone only wants the giants, they are his/hers and ill fill a hole somewhere else.

i have high hopes that this league will be every bit a success a s the first one, hope you decide to be a part of it.

Edited by Robash

I will get in, but my homer team is gone already, so I will have to chose another...

Edit: If I can't get the Vikings, I will let someone else play. I am sure you will have no problem fillling this up.

894850[/snapback]

I guess I wasn't clear enough on my original post: I will take a non homer team, but if a homer steps up for one of those teams, they can have it. I would rather see a homer run it. I will take a team to help get this off the ground.

Oh btw :D on taking the lead on this to get it going!!!

I guess I wasn't clear enough on my original post: I will take a non homer team, but if a homer steps up for one of those teams, they can have it. I would rather see a homer run it. I will take a team to help get this off the ground.

Oh btw :D on taking the lead on this to get it going!!!

897827[/snapback]

lol i think we are arguing the same point...kind of. i assumed thats what you meant when i asked you to post teams if you'd be interested in running a different one, and you did. i feel the same way you do.

once we get a little closer to hving 32 people interested ill start hashing out the Homer assignments so we can see where we have voids so we can look for specific teams. ive allready started one on papar just waiting abit to post it

If you guys want to do this for this season, I would advise that you move along quickly. Organizing anything with 32 people is tough. You'll have to set up the league, select owners, set a draft date, have everyone pay, draft, etc. Believe me, if you don't start right away, you'll never make it. A 9 round draft with 32 owners is going to take quite some time, and it will take you several weeks before you're set to draft unless you move fast.

JMHO.

about the updated list, i added all homers to thier respective teams, and added owner to teams that people were interested in running. now the differance isnt that much. much like hugh said, we need to get this rolling soon if its going to hppen for this season. i will still fill homers into a slot of a non-homer, but will close it when we have 32 interested people and assign people teams for those with no preferance, if they still wish to play. my reasoning behind this is a couple of people said they would be open for anyteam to see this thing happen, and well it would be pretty crappy to boot them when we are full just becuse #33 is a homer of that persons team.

if there are any gripes,complaints, disagrements, or questions about that...post em :D

If you guys want to do this for this season, I would advise that you move along quickly. Organizing anything with 32 people is tough. You'll have to set up the league, select owners, set a draft date, have everyone pay, draft, etc. Believe me, if you don't start right away, you'll never make it. A 9 round draft with 32 owners is going to take quite some time, and it will take you several weeks before you're set to draft unless you move fast.

JMHO.

897867[/snapback]

Yeah, I was wondering how they were going to get that going.

is there a waiting list for the cowboys? because that'd be my first choice.

but i'd still like to play. and i'll pay whatever, as long as it's not free.

first choice: dallas

second: san diego (non-homer)

third: san francisco (non-homer)

about the updated list, i added all homers to thier respective teams, and added owner to teams that people were interested in running. now the differance isnt that much. much like hugh said, we need to get this rolling soon if its going to hppen for this season. i will still fill homers into a slot of a non-homer, but will close it when we have 32 interested people and assign people teams for those with no preferance, if they still wish to play. my reasoning behind this is a couple of people said they would be open for anyteam to see this thing happen, and well it would be pretty crappy to boot them when we are full just becuse #33 is a homer of that persons team.

if there are any gripes,complaints, disagrements, or questions about that...post em :D

897942[/snapback]

Any help you need let me know. Like i said in an earlier post, i'd be willing to take on the treasurer job or help out with any other position you need. Also i'm more than willing to give up my homer team to get this going, taking any team if needed. Your doing a great job :D

thought i post this here for people that only read the last page :P

Homerless teams

DOLPHINS

STEELERS

JAGS

TITANS

CHARGERS

EAGLES

FALCONS

BUCS

CARDS

49ERS

again these re just teams without homers, we only need 6 more owners to have 32

Edited by Robash

also any giants fans out there that would like to run the giants....and it hurts to say this, ill give them up and run a different team if you'd like to join. Los Gigantes you hear that? and if you join we can start plotting Dr. Rocks demise  :D

895313[/snapback]

:D

You keep waiting!

Of course, I did the same thing in the original 32H for 2 years with the Bears until the original Giants owner dropped out and I finally got them.

I'm sort of interested in what you mean by this being part of the waiting list for the main league. How would you see that working out?

added you as the panthers homer Wizard

I'm sort of interested in what you mean by this being part of the waiting list for the main league. How would you see that working out?

i first envisioned this as a way for people on the waiting list to get involved while waiting on thier slot. i understand that the current waiting lists for the 32 Homers list would have to be honored since i dont think anyone signing up here is on them, with the exception of me just recently. I think this would give you guys a good oppurtunity to easily find someone homerwise thats allready acclamated to the system, and one that is commited to the league. realisticly speaking i dont think it will ever get that way, but i think it could be a good resource to quickly fill a hole in a pinch.

hopefully i can find 9 more homers to make this thing happen...it would be a shame to get this close only to fall 1-9 owners short

If someone comes in for Buffalo feel free to to move me.  Just not to Arizona please i have had enough of Denny! :D

898461[/snapback]

we just had a bills homer step forward, peepinmofo sent me a pm and said he'd love to take them.

Vikes i moved you to an open postion not ssigned to a team...and you know i believe the cardinals won thier division last year in the 32Homers league :D

8 more to go, come on homers where are you guys hiding at

Vikes i moved you to an open postion not ssigned to a team...and you know i believe the cardinals won thier division last year in the 32Homers league  :D 

898927[/snapback]

They did, riding Peyton's jockstrap all the way:

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB 454.15 6 1.04

Ayanbadejo, Obafemi ARI RB 53.30 6 FA

Croom, Larry ARI RB 8.20 6 FA

Robertson, Jamal CAR RB 14.50 3 7.29

Smith, Emmitt DAL RB 162.55 4 3.29

Booker, Marty MIA WR 72.20 10 2.04

Galloway, Joey TBB WR 73.50 8 4.04

Jackson, Frisman CLE WR 16.20 8 FA

Jones, Terry BAL TE 21.20 6 FA

Tuman, Jerame PIT TE 26.90 7 FA

Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMPK 94.00 6 FA

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 145.00 6 FA

well we are down to 7 open spots, Caveman Nick has stepped forward of behalf of his pride and joy,...the New England Patriots

these are the homerless teams left, i would of thought it been different

DOLPHINS

JETS

STEELERS

JAGS

TITANS

CHIEFS

CHARGERS

EAGLES

FALCONS

BUCS

CARDS

49ERS

sigalf03 ill chalk you up for the chiefs

brewer i feel bad for saying this but for somereason i left the jets on the open list by accident, a homer claimed them 3-4 days ago, really sorry about that. you sound like a pretty big homer. ill let you know first thing if it opens up for anyreason

Edited by Robash

I've been on the 32 homers list for Minnesota for years, I applied back when I was living there.

-DD21

900040[/snapback]

Can confirm, DD is an upstanding huddler and owner, and on the Vikes list. Unfortunately for him, I'm the 32 homers commish and next to take over the Vikes should something unfortunate happen to Grunge and his haircut. :D