[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones rehab on schedule

Randall

February 14, 2007, 08:37

Lions :: RB

Lions "Extremely Happy" With RB Jones' Progress

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, Detroit Free Press -

RB Kevin Jones and the Lions say his recovery is on schedule, and he is optimistic he will be ready to start the 2007 regular season in his usual starting spot. "I guess it would make sense to have insurance," Jones said Tuesday. "To me, it doesn't matter who they bring in here or who's in the backfield in competition with me, because I'll win. As long as I'm healthy, I'll win it. I'll win my position." Lions head athletic trainer Al Bellamy said Tuesday the Lions were "extremely happy" with Jones' progress.

Jones says he will be ready, but some feel different. There are too many rumors flying around this time of year.

Lions | Jones injury update

Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:13:14 -0800

Updating previous reports, DetroitLions.com reports Detroit Lions RB Kevin Jones (foot) is right on schedule with his rehabilitation from a Lisfranc injury suffered last season despite earlier reports suggesting Jones could miss the first half of the 2007 season. Jones is feeling good and is optimistic he will return sometime in training camp. "My goal is to get back by training camp and try to be able to move around," Jones said. "They're not going to rush me back and take the chance of me re-injuring myself. But to say I'm going to miss half the season is idiotic because nobody knows the exact thing that's going to happen with my foot. The doctor who did it said I would be back by training camp, so who would know better than him." Lions Head Trainer Al Bellamy added, ""We are extremely happy with Kevin's progress. His rehab is going very well and he is right where we hoped he would be at this point in time."

Kevin Jones-RB- Lions Feb. 14 - 9:07 am et

The Detroit News says Kevin Jones is doubtful to be ready for Week 1.

There are conflicting reports on when Jones (Lisfranc fracture) will be ready to run again. We may not get a better idea until minicamp season.

Source: Detroit News

This is good news for me in a number of fantasy leagues if true. butI am skeptical about him for next year myself.

That's true, but Ahman Green last year was even more dountful a return. It's too early to know what the result will be but it's a good start. It's a long time until TC.