[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

in your oppinion.

Liverlips

I'll agree, I could have elaborated and worded my response a bit better :wacko:

But IMO, he was not "the solution" the Cards were looking for. I am not exactly an Edge fan, but I didn't think he was even on par with Edge. Hightower's TDs were goal line carries -- carries Edge would have no problem running in if you ask me. Edge obviously isn't a long term solution and has lost a step, but from when I was watching their games, it looked like their OL needed some work.

But then again, with those WRs, even if Boldin is released/traded -- you still have Fitz and Breaston; I would also agree they need a power back just to punch it in. And I just don't have faith in Hightower.

Frankly I think Suture really hit on the issue with the Arizona Cardinals and their RBs...it's not the talent or the age of the RB, its the fact that their run blocking is absolutely atrocious and their offensive scheme for running doesn't suit the two players they have.

A lot of their running plays come out of play action, or are delayed handoffs deep in the pocket, where you need a quick, scat back type player who can adjust quickly to the defensive line, pick a spot and go. Hightower and Edge are both head down straight ahead rushers (edge obviously used to have more lateral quickness earlier in his career).

I think Hightower can be a very effective power back in the NFL, but that's not going to happen in a Kurt Warner/Fitz/Boldin/Breaston lead cardinals offense.

So all that said I believe they will draft a RB, with the hopes that player can support a 50/50 type split with Hightower.

WD