[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Cheat sheets and tiers

detlef

That sucks. We had a similar issue and just forced the guy to be available by Skype and have a representative will bidding/drafting authority there.

We literally can't find a 3 hour window when everyone can be available (within reason), regardless of where they are, so even skype won't work.

I've also had people complain that the auction cheatsheet should only contain the same number of players that are going to be in their league - which I understand in theory - but then you would not be able to draft anyone else other than the exact number applied to the rankings and there could be a very valid reason why you would want a guy ranked 241st when your league uses 240.

An auction cheatsheet should only have dollar values for the same number of players that are going to be in the league. But it should also list other players that stand a chance of being drafted and assign them a value of $0.

We literally can't find a 3 hour window when everyone can be available (within reason), regardless of where they are, so even skype won't work.

That sucks. Hopefully you can work it out in future years.

Auctions do require nailing down a date and time earlier than snake drafts do, because everyone must give their full attention for the entire auction (or at least until they've filled their last spot.)

In my auction league, we have it set that it is always the Monday night that is two weeks before Labor Day (8/20 this year). Everyone knows that from the very beginning, and schedules themselves accordingly. You might have to adopt a fixed date like that.

That sucks. Hopefully you can work it out in future years.

Auctions do require nailing down a date and time earlier than snake drafts do, because everyone must give their full attention for the entire auction (or at least until they've filled their last spot.)

In my auction league, we have it set that it is always the Monday night that is two weeks before Labor Day (8/20 this year). Everyone knows that from the very beginning, and schedules themselves accordingly. You might have to adopt a fixed date like that.

Sometimes life gets in the way.

An auction cheatsheet should only have dollar values for the same number of players that are going to be in the league. But it should also list other players that stand a chance of being drafted and assign them a value of $0.

That's silly. The cheat sheet doesn't have to predict, to the dollar, what every player is going to go for. At least not one built by someone who doesn't know the specific line-up requirements and league size of everyone.

That's talking about an insane level of detail that is unrealistic. Not only that, but it requires someone to pretend to have a good reason why, for instance Devone Bess should have a higher value than Andre Roberts.

Regardless of the size of your league, you will reach a stage where it's essentially pointless to try and assign any meaningful value to players. You want Roberts? Great, I want Bess. That sort of thing.

I think the only thing a place like this should have to do is build cheat sheets for a "normal" sized league. He already has one for 10 and 12 and I think it's fair to then assume that league sizes will be 16, and the line-ups will be QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/K/D. Also, that it uses Huddle Performance scoring. That will cover most leagues. If you have PPR, assume WRs and pass-catching RBs will go for more. Start 2 QBs? Adjust accordingly.

But none of these outlier reasons do much to explain the huge discrepancy between valuations and the huddle's own implied grouping of players into tiers that the current cheat sheets exhibit.