[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Akers Time to give him the boot (no Pun)

dougsul

Last season was last season but this guy was unbelievable almost never missed a kick and average like 14 points a game. This season he has one of the worst kicking averages in the league, and SF has done a much better job of scoring touchdowns inside the 20 yard line. One of my main concerns is that San Fran passed on a 54 field gold in the second quarter and punted instead. Although I drop players too soon some times, Amendola, Sproles, but I can’t keep starting this guy. Last four weeks 3 7 6 6 Currently 15th overall

Whenever someone has a career year, like Akers last year, or Manning's 49 TD year, or Brady's 50 TD year, or Moss's 22 TD year, or Chris Johnson's 2000 yard year - an awful lot of things went right, if not near perfect, including a lot of luck, for it to happen. There is always a dropoff the next year, and yet those drafting them the next year never seem prepared for it. Do you think the Eagles had any inclination he was going to go to SF and put up the year he did? There was a reason they let him go.