[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need a little help to get me to the playoffs

Guest super015

Guest super015

my team has been majorly slumping, due mostly to a weak 2B and an injured OF

H2H weekly Yahoo batting and pitching categorical scoring.

My roster:

C Loduca

1B Bagwell

2B Rivas (dropped Bell, had enough of him)

SS Tejada, Nomar

3B Nevin

OF Dunn, Burrell, Sexson, Drew, Stewart, CLee (start 3)

SP Unit, Morris, Bere (start 2)

RP Shaw

I really want to pick up Zito, but who would I drop? Drew and Cedeno are killing me with their random injuries.

I tried to make a trade for RAlomar at 2B for Nomar and Rivas, but the guy is chickening out, and I am a little b/c Tejada has been cold lately.

Any advice? I've dropped from 2nd to 4th in standings the last two weeks. Top 4 go to the playoffs.

Thanks.

Zito would be a great pickup, but I wouldn't waive any of your current pitchers to get him. Bere has been hot lately, Morris is having a great year, and Randy Johnson is, well, Randy Johnson.

I can't believe you'd even consider trading Nomar for Alomar. Be happy the other guy backed off of that trade.

It's your outfield that sucks. How about trading one of your pitchers for an outfielder, then picking up Zito to replace him? I'm actually shocked that Zito is even available in your league. What outfielders are available?

I agree w/ Sushi. Zito would be a good pickup under different circumstances, but he does nothing to help you now.

However, if you are targeting a team in need of a pitcher to pick up your 2B or OF help, Burrell or Dunn are worth dropping to pick up Zito. That is the ONLY reason I would make that move. Your SPs don't need help.

Guest super015

thanks for the advice ... someone already picked up Zito ... I actually dropped Burrell and picked Dunn back up. It's the fact that Cedeno and Drew have been hurt off and on lately. The one week I started Dunn was his bad week where he went 2-for-20 or something. It's really hard to pry away OFs from other teams. My weaknesses are 2B and OF, but I think I can get away with the OFs I have.

Joel Pineiro is also available, as is Corey Lidle.

My current OFs are:

Dunn, Drew, Cedeno, Stewart, CLee, Sexson

I know the only true star there is Drew, but he's been out the last few days with a stiff back, and a big goose egg on my scorecard.

Absolutely not. Manny is good, but not a top-10 outfielder. I wouldn't give Nomar up for anything less than top-5. Nomar is the 2nd best offensive threat in a position not generally known for big offensive statistics. And he's a genuine top-10 overall hitter. Sexson and Tejada for Manny seems like a fair trade. Or tell him he can have Tejada and ANY one of your outfielders for Manny (try to keep Cedeno, he's hot lately). But I wouldn't give up Nomar unless you can get somebody like Bonds, Griffey, etc.