[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Pre-Draft Cuts/Trades

I need to make final cuts before the deadline with our upcoming auction draft. The salaries of the players go up each year based on performance and current cost, so I'm looking to have the best team I can this year while keeping in mind the future since this is a fully dynasty team and we can keep everyone. This team was under the salary cap last year but with the increase in salary is now well over it.

League: 12 team, $200 salary cap dynasty 0.5 PPR league, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1D, 1K, 15min - 17max roster.

I can also try to trade players now, so any suggestions of that nature would be appreciated too (like trade x and y for a RB).

Who would you cut from the following before the draft?

QB - Bortles ($11), Palmer ($10), Garoppolo ($3)
RB - L. Miller ($27), David Johnson ($25), L. Murray ($17), Perkins ($3)
WR - Julio ($39), Cooks ($21), Evans ($21), Allen Robinson ($15), Watkins ($11), Parker ($7)
TE - Olsen ($21), Eifert ($9)

Your WR group is amazing for those prices.  Keep them all ($114), but if you're going to jettison any, maybe Cooks or ARob. You have to keep DJ at triple that price and Perkins for $3 is great.  Latavius for $17 is good value and he could have a resurgence ($45 in RB).  I don't like Lamar Miller for $27. I'm over him.  Depending on the TEs available, I think you can let go of Olsen for that price.  Eifert for $9 is good.  Unfortunately I don't like any of your QBs, but I'd keep either Bortles or Palmer (reluctantly), not both, then get someone else in the draft.  That is, I think, $168-ish for 11 players.  That leaves $32 for a K, D/ST, another QB, and another TE to reach your 15 min roster size.  With your requirements of 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex, I think you'd be in a great spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 3:53 AM, Air It Out said:

Your WR group is amazing for those prices.  Keep them all ($114), but if you're going to jettison any, maybe Cooks or ARob. You have to keep DJ at triple that price and Perkins for $3 is great.  Latavius for $17 is good value and he could have a resurgence ($45 in RB).  I don't like Lamar Miller for $27. I'm over him.  Depending on the TEs available, I think you can let go of Olsen for that price.  Eifert for $9 is good.  Unfortunately I don't like any of your QBs, but I'd keep either Bortles or Palmer (reluctantly), not both, then get someone else in the draft.  That is, I think, $168-ish for 11 players.  That leaves $32 for a K, D/ST, another QB, and another TE to reach your 15 min roster size.  With your requirements of 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex, I think you'd be in a great spot. 

Thanks for the input.  I like the WR group a lot.  I worry about Murray now with Cook in the mix and I was in the same boat with Miller until I saw what happened to their rookie, now I'm reconsidering.