[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good Dynasty Trade?

I have been offered Kirk Cousins ($11) for Bortles and Cooks. 

My thoughts:  I am deep at WR and Cooks is my #1 choice to trade based on price right now.  This gives me a solid QB at a good price who comes in a #9 on fantasypros.com rankings.  All the guys before him 1-8 on their list are either $30+ in the league (tier 1 guys) or non-obtainable via trade, I've asked (other tier 2 guys).  He finished as the #6 QB in our league last season. 

What are your thoughts? 

Also, if you would take the deal, would you cut Palmer afterward as well, or keep him as a backup?  Who else (at all positions) would you cut before the auction?

Current Salary:  $243
Salary after Trade:  $222

-----

League: 12 team, $200 salary cap dynasty 0.5 PPR league, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1D, 1K, 15min - 17max roster.

QB - Bortles ($11), Palmer ($10), Garoppolo ($3)
RB - L. Miller ($27), David Johnson ($25), L. Murray ($17), Perkins ($3)
WR - Julio ($39), Cooks ($21), Evans ($21), Allen Robinson ($15), Watkins ($11), Parker ($7)
TE - Olsen ($21), Eifert ($9)
DST - Chiefs ($3)

Edited by fantasybears

You got depth for such trades

Johnson, Julio, Evans, Olsen and for flex you have options of miller, murray, a. rob, eifert, Watkins

So cooks is essentially just a week to week flex with evans, julio, Johnson, olsen and the fact your league is only 1qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te and 1 flex.

I wouldn't start cooks over any of those other players. I'd drop palmer and bortles and keep cousins and garoppolo. Bortles at $11 is retarded as is old palmer at $10

I have bortles and palmer for like $3 each in my dynasty.

If it were me I would try and flip julio and bortles for an elite QB and start cooks and evans

Absolutely do that trade.  You get much closer to your cap and you get a better QB, and you have the WR depth to handle it.  You'd be down to 15 players on your roster and still have to shave $22, but you have some pretty good ways to get there.  I think your best way is to do that is to let go of a combination of Latavius Murray, Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen, and DaVante Parker.  Personally, while I'm not a fan of Miller, I think I'd still keep him because he could have a bounce-back year and Murray likely isn't even the starter in Minnesota and, at the very least, will split.  You don't need all 4 RBs, so there's $17 right off the bat.  Then, given you have Julio, Evans, ARob, and Watkins and can start 3 WR at most, anyway, you can get rid of Parker for $7 to free up a total of $24.  

You'd have to add a K for $1, which gets you to 14 on your roster.  Then maybe add another D/ST for $1 just to get your 15 minimum roster size and make further adjustments mid-season.  That lets you keep Olsen, too, which is nice because then you have two solid TE1s to choose from each week.