[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Keeper 2017

JumpingJoe57

I play 10 men PPR League.  There are eligible keepers as follows as

A Cooper  2nd round

Tommy Rawls  14th round

D Murray 3rd round

Cam Newton 7th round

D Baldwin 4th round

Cousins 8th round

Michael Thomas 2nd round.

Which keeper shall I pick?   Recommended?  I am in 3rd position of the draft   (3, 18, 23, 28, etc). 

Thank you

Joe

Edited by JumpingJoe57

So it really depends how the PPR scoring is set up, but first let me throw some stats out there. 

RB: In PPR format on Yahoo, Murray was the 5th best RB in total points, and theres no reason to believe he won't do it again. Rawls on the other hand didn't even make it into the top 25. Even as a 14th rounder I would stay away. 

QB: I like Cam a lot, but not at the 7th pick. Yes, he will give you rushing TD's but there are other more worthy QB's to pick up in later rounds that are just as good if not better. Also, with Cam dealing with his offseason shoulder surgery and Derek Anderson still getting first team reps, I would be hesitant to take him in the 7th. 

WR: Baldwin and Thomas ended the season as 7th and 8th overall in PPR yahoo format, with Baldwin edging Thomas by 2 points. Amari Cooper was 14th overall. I think the best value in this bunch for you is Baldwin.

Again, for all the information I use Yahoo PPR, because that's what I use for my leagues. I would choose D. Murray or D. Baldwin. Both are great values and will look to build on last season. I personally would take Murray in the 3rd. 

DM for a 3rd?  He had something like 40 catches (1.6k all purpose) he's 1st rounder in my opinion.. I think that's value enough, a 1st rounder in the 3rd (5th best back in the NFL).  MT would be close and hard to lose because you would have to use your 3rd pick probably to see him on your squad again.  

I'm in a keeper league, 12 teams.  You are permitted to keep 4 offensive players and 4 defensive players.  I kept Freeman, Ajayi, Hilton and D. Thomas.  We have a rookie draft first then our free agent draft.  I pick first overall in the FA draft and eighth in the rookie draft.  The first two rounds in the FA draft are not a snake draft, it becomes a snake in the third round.  I need a QB.  Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Winston and Newton were all kept.  That leaves only one tier two QB Andrew Luck.  My dilemma is should I choose Luck and take the chance or skip him for Mariota (only tier two QB left) or shoot for only three tier three QB's in Roethlisberger (not a keeper next season), Cousins, Prescott.  Or tier four QB's such as Rivers, Dalton, Carr, etc?  Keep in mind I have the first overall selection so there are only four teams other than myself who need QB's.  So I  was thinking of choosing another QB with my second pick and I believe Wentz would be there, Stafford, Manning or Bortoles, all of which, are quality starters in case Luck cannot start the season.  

Your thoughts?

20 hours ago, spjr said:

I'm in a keeper league, 12 teams.  You are permitted to keep 4 offensive players and 4 defensive players.  I kept Freeman, Ajayi, Hilton and D. Thomas.  We have a rookie draft first then our free agent draft.  I pick first overall in the FA draft and eighth in the rookie draft.  The first two rounds in the FA draft are not a snake draft, it becomes a snake in the third round.  I need a QB.  Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Winston and Newton were all kept.  That leaves only one tier two QB Andrew Luck.  My dilemma is should I choose Luck and take the chance or skip him for Mariota (only tier two QB left) or shoot for only three tier three QB's in Roethlisberger (not a keeper next season), Cousins, Prescott.  Or tier four QB's such as Rivers, Dalton, Carr, etc?  Keep in mind I have the first overall selection so there are only four teams other than myself who need QB's.  So I  was thinking of choosing another QB with my second pick and I believe Wentz would be there, Stafford, Manning or Bortoles, all of which, are quality starters in case Luck cannot start the season.  

Your thoughts?

you should probably post this in a new thread if you already haven't.