[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction League Keeper Choices - Final Selection Tonight

Air It Out

So, I'm making final choices for keepers tonight in a 16-team, 1 PPR league.  $200 budget.  Can keep up to 4.  Here are my choices and their keeper values:

D. Murray for $34

Abdullah for $15

Jordy for $17 (obvious)

Dez for $50

K. Allen for $33

H. Henry for $6

Jordy is obvious, as is Murray for $34 (I just hope he holds off D. Henry for one more year).  Then I'm looking for value, and I don't think Dez at $50 is good value, as that's about what he'll go for in the auction.  I like Abdullah's upside for $15, so it comes down to which Charger.  if Allen stays healthy and is the PPR monster we know he can be, then $33 for him is great value.  But $6 for H. Henry as a very solid TE option is pretty hard to pass up, and going with Henry leaves me $128 in the draft to get another WR1 for $60 or so (I know Julio, AB, and OBJ will be available).

What does everyone else think?

thanks, and WHIR

If you think you can spend $60-70 to get OBJ/AB/JJ then dropping Dez probably is fine, although with keeping Dez that extra 10-20$ could go into a bigger need, RB2 upside/starter.

You have Jordy WR1, DEZ WR1, and Allen WR2 with upside to be WR1.. I wouldn't blow too much money on OBJ/JJ/AB you will overpay and your need is still RB2 and QB.  I don't know if $45 is enough for both but you're essentially invested in DM @ $40 since you can't play both Henry / DM the same week (well you technically can but that's not ideal).

IF I considered dropping DEZ to go after OBJ/JJ/AB I would drop both Dez and Allen, get one of the elites, then I would buy low on a third WR with upside after I got my RB2.

So shift the money $83 back into the budget, $70 for Elite WR1, 20-25-ish for a RB2, the rest for a QB/WR3/K/DEF if possible. 16 teams bidding I don't know if what I wrote would even be possible, sounds kind of crazy.  70$ for OBJ/AB/JJ it should be like $40 with 16 teams right? man o man.  Andrew Luck probably is $1.25 ...just kidding.

Thanks, but to be clear, it was Hunter Henry (TE) for $6, not D. Murray's handcuff.  I ended up keeping D. Murray, Jordy, Abdullah, and H. Henry for a total of $72, leaving me with $128 to spend on another WR1 (I know AB, JJ, and OBJ are available and will go for mid-$60s, so I will try to get one of them).  If they go above that, I'll maybe go for Dez in the $50 range or even K. Allen (though I don't want both Keenan and Henry).  I also think I'm going after Zeke at a depressed value (maybe mid-$40s, which accomplishes two things: it gets me Zeke for later in the year, and also hopefully as a keeper for next year, as his value only goes up $5 in first year kept and $10 per year after that).  I figure a top WR and Zeke will cost me about $110, leaving $18 for the rest (unless, as said, I go for lower WR like Dez).

We play 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST, and have 4 bench spots.  So, $18 for a QB (Rivers, maybe), K, D/ST, and 4 bench guys should be enough. 

1 minute ago, Air It Out said:

Thanks, but to be clear, it was Hunter Henry (TE) for $6, not D. Murray's handcuff.  I ended up keeping D. Murray, Jordy, Abdullah, and H. Henry for a total of $72, leaving me with $128 to spend on another WR1 (I know AB, JJ, and OBJ are available and will go for mid-$60s, so I will try to get one of them).  If they go above that, I'll maybe go for Dez in the $50 range or even K. Allen (though I don't want both Keenan and Henry).  I also think I'm going after Zeke at a depressed value (maybe mid-$40s, which accomplishes two things: it gets me Zeke for later in the year, and also hopefully as a keeper for next year, as his value only goes up $5 in first year kept and $10 per year after that).  I figure a top WR and Zeke will cost me about $110, leaving $18 for the rest (unless, as said, I go for lower WR like Dez).

We play 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST, and have 4 bench spots.  So, $18 for a QB (Rivers, maybe), K, D/ST, and 4 bench guys should be enough. 

Yeah that sounds awesome, sorry I lost it there with HH I did see that but went a different direction for some reason (ADHD) :headbang:

Solid WR and a run at Zeek would be great.. might be 'warm body' at QB but who cares you can stream a bit to get someone.  There are some interesting viable rookie QB situations one of them could be a positive as well.