[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buying Derrick Henry? PPR Trade

abieleck

With Murray nicked up with a hammy injury, who's buying Henry this week and rest of the season.  The Henry owner does not have Murray.  Was pondering this trade....who you do it?

I get: Henry and Decker.....would probably drop Decker for JJ Nelson, Cupp, or Rivers as a backup/second option to Cousins

I give: Doug Martin and Jeremy Maclin

My Team:

QB: Cousins

RB: Gordon, Elliott, Kareem Hunt, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin

WR: Crabtree, Keenan Allen, Terrell Pryor, , Maclin, Tyrell Williams

TE: Reed, Ertz

You'd be buying a guy who's going to get 40/60 split if Murray is fairly healthy vs. a guy who will get a majority of the running workload when he comes off of suspension.  There is some question for Martin but everything I've read has indicated that he will be the #1 guy.  If Murray's out or pretty gimpy and it's a 70/30 split in favor of Henry, I think it's a good trade.  I have read some articles that say they're transitioning to Henry at this point and Murray's hammy is giving them the impetus to do it sooner than they otherwise would have.  I'd probably do the trade with the hope that Henry takes over as the primary back.  He was better than Murray at the end of the season last year and he's been better so far this year.  I think I'd do the trade but there is risk. 

It's tricky. You're trading for upside, hoping you don't need Martin but knowing that Murray could get injured or outplayed (well he is outplayed but the coaches need to notice). I don't think it's bad but there's a possibility you trade and end up with a guy you can't use. But Henry has top 3 upside when he becomes starter imo

10 minutes ago, pesosweetdog said:

giving them the impetus to do it sooner than they otherwise would have

Extra points for "impetus"  Great word.  

Yeah, with Zeke, Gordon, Hunt, and CJ I would hope to not even need Martin.  But if I had Henry and he hit big I could have a top 5 guy and then trade away one of the others and a WR2 for a WR1.  Hmmmmmm......