[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next Steps:

fuz

Alright!  Looks like we will be wrapping up RFA season soon.  The 3 week RFA bidding period will be completed on Thursday morning @ 8am.  Keep in mind, per rule 16.2, if any players are still in the bid phase as of the deadline, the RFA bidding period is extended until all players are in the owner match phase. Owners will not be allowed to up their own bid after the deadline.

After we complete the RFA bidding period, each owner still has a few things to consider and do before we start the season.  

• Free Agent bidding and trading is still open until the 72 hour freeze prior to the contract deadline.  Trading and free agency will then resume and remain open until week 10 games.
  • Pay your league dues.  Dues this year are $35.83.  Feel free to pay via PayPal - tim.rogers@clarkenersen.com - or via check (let me know if you need my address).  Please pay prior to finalizing your contracts.
  • Spend some time figuring out your final roster for the season.  Contracts and player count is due Monday, September 2nd @ 8pm.  Please double and triple check your player count (20 or below) and contract years (40 or below).  If you have a clerical error, it will cost you 5 credits PER DAY until the clerical error is resolved.  Please take a moment to reread the rules on contract submission and You may post your roster and contract years prior to the deadline (on a contract thread I will start and give examples of how to submit your roster, contracts, player cuts, practice squad, IR, etc.).  I will lock the thread @ 8pm that evening and get the spreadsheet updated along with rosters modified on MFL for the start of the season.
  • For those of you new to the league, I will try to get you set up next week on My Fantasy League to get you access to your team.  I'll show you which apps work well to help manage your team from your mobile device.
  • And last but certainly not least - Wade has suggested getting together to better get to know everyone.  I realize not all of us are around Lincoln, but I thought it might be nice to have a few beers together, poke fun at some bad bidding decisions, talk about players on the trading block, throw out some rule change ideas, talk contracts, or ask any lingering questions.  I think Wade suggested getting together either at a bar or by a backyard grill. I'll let you guys chime in.  Is this a good idea?

Let me know if you have any questions in the meanwhile - and feel free to post them here for all to see so we are all on the same page.

• fuz pinned this topic

Thank for inviting me to this league and for the reminders and hand holding. I've been a commish for football and baseball league for 15 years and my workload is tiny compared to what you have here. 

So thank you for your efforts and the amount of work you have taken on! 

I think the "get together" is a great idea, However, since I am in St Louis, I will not likely attend. I'll just be the faceless St Louis guy for many of you. But I'm still a rabid Husker fan.  GBR!

• fuz unpinned this topic