[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PC geeks, Printers!

rocknrobn26

As some of you know I have been going round & round w/ HP on getting a replacement printer. After 2 rounds of them sending me 8250 POS's, they sent me a NEW D7160. Not bad, but not as good as my original 7960. With all the replacements, the Ink Level tool always reads 100% full!!! As much as I'd like to believe it, I know their printers are NOT that stingy! I've printed 16+ 8x10 glossy hi rez pics! Still 100%! :D:doh: Called tech support, 2+ hours doing resets, re-installs, yada, yada. NADA! :D They said get a new usb cable, I did, but c'mon this is a stand alone printer! I'll put on the new USB cable tomorrow, but that can't be it! FWIW, My old 7960 would display a drop on every print! :tup:

Help???

Ursa, Kid, Atomic, etc.???? Anyone??? :D

Can't really shed any light on this on RR. Ink consumption rates vary from printer to printer, from image to image. I think you're right, it does sound like there should be some drop, but I can't tell you how to make it happen. This may be one of those times to search out deja news and hunt down an HP newsgroup.