[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heading to Minnesota for 5 days

Missoula Griz

Nice fish!

Definately different from the fishing I do here in Montana. Mostly fly rod trout fishing on streams.

The Muskies would not hit the lure on the fly. They would follow it toward the boat. They would just appear from nowhere. It stunned me to see such a large fish 3 feet away from me. At that point, you have to 'romance' the muskie. Very strange. I would continue to swirl my lure around the boat as he pursued it. I would keep it right above his head since his eyes are on top. The first few times I tried this they would be spooked and head back down.

It took me a while to get the trick down. I tried to explain it to other people at the resort. They were clueless. In fact, only one person from Minnesota even new what I was talking about. I was surprised by how few people fish for Muskies even though they were from the area.

its the fish of 10,000 cast... the best time to fishem is in early june when they are very agressive and late in to fall like late oct and early november or until the lakes freeze... the big girls go nuts then....

it is an expensive hobby

i know guys who fish them with fly rodes and i caught a 9 pounder on a stealhead rod on lake nakomis ( thats in the middle of the big city)...

its the fish of 10,000 cast... the best time to fishem is in early june when they are very agressive and late in to fall like late oct and early november or until the lakes freeze... the big girls go nuts then....

it is an expensive hobby

i know guys who fish them with fly rodes and i caught a 9 pounder on a stealhead rod on lake nakomis ( thats in the middle of the big city)...

How big?