[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No mention about the ATA.....

rocknrobn26

...bankruptcy? Or did I miss it?

How does this happen? No warning, the company has your money (dreams in some cases) for months, and then one day no problem, the next you are SOL! :wacko: Something not right here. Splain it to me.....

i read they lost a government contract. i know they were charted by the military to transport troops back and forth from europe and the mideast.

Read the same thing, but no warning??? I remember when the most recent form of National Airlines went belly up. Lots of stranded people w/ little or no recourse. Not right. :wacko:

Read the same thing, but no warning??? I remember when the most recent form of National Airlines went belly up. Lots of stranded people w/ little or no recourse. Not right. :wacko:

i was one of those. had tix to vegas when they went awol.

i was one of those. had tix to vegas when they went awol.

Wow! It was a great airline though. October/November 2003? 2004?? Upgrades to fist class for $50-$100, REAL MEALS, silverware, expanded coach, took your luggage to your room if staying at Harrahs or RIO, never a full flight, OOPS.....that's what did it.

saw that on the news tonight. they say if you bought the tix on a major credit card, you should be able to get your money back -- but you're right, RR, that won't be much help to people who planned a trip months ago.

we were supposed to go with my parents to hawaii in june and stay in their timeshare. i priced tickets from the bay area and didn't realize it would cost $2100 for three of us. i was gonna book our tickets through aloha air; my parents were gonna fly ATA from phoenix. we decided to cancel the trip and go someplace closer. both airlines went belly up this week!

saw that on the news tonight. they say if you bought the tix on a major credit card, you should be able to get your money back -- but you're right, RR, that won't be much help to people who planned a trip months ago.

we were supposed to go with my parents to hawaii in june and stay in their timeshare. i priced tickets from the bay area and didn't realize it would cost $2100 for three of us. i was gonna book our tickets through aloha air; my parents were gonna fly ATA from phoenix. we decided to cancel the trip and go someplace closer. both airlines went belly up this week!

can you let me know the next time your going to purchase stock in a company? :wacko:

Forgot about Aloha! :D My PT is a Hawaiian. Good ole Howie. He was supposed to leave yesterday for home, I think on UAL! Then they decide to pull all their 777's offline. He was pretty pissed about Aloha. He said it was a great airline, 60+ years in the business. It's a shame.

can you let me know the next time your going to purchase stock in a company? :wacko:

I still own ~200 shares of UAL....... :brew:

From 2001! :D