[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

car insurance

Azazello1313

For auto insurance:

If you have a beater and don't care about what parts are used to get your vehicle fixed, then by all means, find the cheapest insurance. If you have a nicer car and are concerned about getting genuine replacement parts as opposed to aftermarket knock offs than I heartily suggest that you talk to a repairman you trust and find out which insurance companies will work with the repair shop to properly fix the vehicle, not just throw it back together.

I believe the term they use is "like new" which allows the insurance company to go into a bone yard and take an altenator off a hulk that's been sitting there for three years and put it on your vehicle. Or use aftermarket body panels that are made overseas or in Mexico and that don't have the same tolerances as the OEM stuff and can cause leaks and wind noise.

As with everything else, you get what you pay for. Saving a few bucks a year in insurance can cost you a lot more down the road.

I have had progressive for many years and they are great to work with. We filed a claim for our Nissan Armada that caught fire back in June and they covered the full payoff amount and an extra 2,500 for us without a question. We just got our renewal and it went down from $800 for 6 months to $624 and we have 2 drivers and 2 brand new vehicles. I just added my 18 y/o new driver and it was an additional 900 for 6 months but after we get him a car it will actually go down again since he will be assigned to whatever car we get for him.