[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please help me with RBs (2), WR (1) and Flex Player (1)

mlittle1105

Hey all,

I apologize in advance for the long post.

So... a couple of days ago, I posted asking which of my three WRs was the best play for the #2 WR slot on my team. (Reggie Wayne is my #1 receiver.) The replies that I received suggested that Eddie Royal was the man for the job. I played him tonight and it paid off big for me (25 fantasy points in tonight's game). Thanks!

Now, going into Sunday, I have a few options, since I still need to field 2RBs, 1WR and 1 Flex Player.

Assuming that I play Reggie Wayne as my other receiver, then I'm all set at WR. I also have Lance Moore and Marques Colston on my roster, either of which could play in the flex slot if I wanted them to. The notion of putting Colston in that spot is appealing, because I feel like he's finally going to break loose one of these weeks. But this is a "MUST WIN" game for me this week, and I really can't afford him to have yet another sub-par week if I do take a chance on him.

For running backs, I have Ladanian Tomlinson, Ray Rice, Willis McGahee, Deuce McAllister, Aaron Stecker, Darren Sproles and Chester Taylor. It goes without saying that LT will be my #1 RB, especially since he appears to have his mojo back, and is playing against KC.

One possibility that I'm considering is starting BOTH Ray Rice and McGahee (inserting one of them in the RB2 slot and the other in the Flex slot), since they are both banged up right now and will likely be sharing carries. I guess this is appealing to me because—as long as they are playing—they are both good for 10-12 fantasy points. This is not to mention that Rice had that monster week last week and the Ravens are going up against Houston this week. I can very easily see both players potentially each getting 80 yards and a 1TD... that is, if they are both healthy enough to play.

Another option is to start Deuce McAllister as RB2 and then choose EITHER Rice or McGahee to take the Flex slot. The problem there is trying to determine who will get more carries between the two. Again, with both Rice and McGahee tagged as "questionable" on Sportsline, its a very tough call.

I don't really see Taylor, Sproles or Stecker factoring into my starting line-up this week.

QB: Eli Manning

RB1: LaDanian Tomlinson

RB2: ?

WR1: Reggie Wayne

WR2: Eddie Royal

Flex: ?

TE: V. Shiancoe

K: Gostkowski

DEF: Green Bay

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

QB: Eli Manning

RB1: LaDanian Tomlinson

RB2: Rice

WR1: Reggie Wayne

WR2: Eddie Royal

Flex: Colston

TE: V. Shiancoe

K: Gostkowski

DEF: Green Bay

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Here's how I see it:

Even if McGahee plays, Rice will get touches - via receptions on passing downs, and on the ground. Unless Rice is out, he should be a choice

I'd lean away from McGahee b/c Rice will take away touches in the middle of the field, and McClain is still a factor at the goal line.

Deuce is a safe choice - Atlanta is not a great run D, and if Brees has a big game, Deuce could get some TDs and yards

Honestly I think your gut about Colston is right - this is the week he shakes off the rust and goes nuts. So I'd lean towards Colston as your flex... but Deuce is probably a safer play.