[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB and RB Tough Decision

BottleRocket

I'd say Drew Brees at QB. Green Bay's secondary has been looking like poopy as of recent.

And, as far as the RB decision:

Marion Barber should be an automatic start

and, probably Gore because it's SF defense he'll be rushing against.

If not Gore, my close second would be Warrick Dunn. Everyone else is hurt and Garcia hasn't found his groove yet in passing. All that coupled with the fact that they are playing good ole' Detroit High School.

Yeah, but Rodgers is listing higher on some weekly rankings, because NO defense is no good against the pass. Yahoo's point projections for Brees and Rodgers are 1 point apart, and I could capitalize on having Jennings.

With the QB and WR, should I still pass up match-up for Brees? It's a hard choice.

I'd be starting Brees here - Pack will run more against Saints cutting into that projection . . . who am I kidding - this is gut call. Brees has been "struggling" in the first half against questionable secondaries - but then those have been on the road. Then huddle says Packers have given up multi tds on the road.

Then factor in Monday night effect this year on most teams/stars. Seems players play up on Mon this year - so with that in mind go with the guy who does his thing the best. Brees is arguably better passer. There's my 3-1/2 cent analysis

I would take Brees as well. It's just impossible not to start a guy throwing that many times in a game. He's possibly the only safe bet for 400 yards each week. Rodgers has been good, but the Packers have a balanced attack lately. The Saints are just throw-throw-throw. Bush is back? Throw some more.