[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playing both Barber and Felix

Following up a poorly worded previous post:

I have Gore/Portis & Megatron/Colston locked in as my starters and have Housh or Felix for my weekly flex.

I am considering trading Portis for MBarber. My thought is that they are of similar value, but Barber might have more value for a couple reasons:

1. As a Felix owner I get some injury insurance for my RB2 and RB3 (and Portis is a bit of an injury concern and tends to wear down over the season. If one goes down, the other stands to benefit a fair amount.

2. I can consider playing both Felix and Barber thereby removing some of the guesswork and weekly fluctuations based on who actually produces more from game to game. Portis/Felix could both have a great week and both crash and burn the next. By playing Felix and Barber, you'd think they'd both play off each other and give me more consistent combined weekly production.

Main problem with this is I have a small bye week issue when DAL is on bye...

This is for a 0.5 PPR league, different than the one in my sig.

Any thoughts?

-Heroes

Edited by Company of Heroes

I think this is a great move actually. My friend did a similar thing back in the day with Moulds and Price at WR. While not entirely the same, the situation is similar in that each week he got the production of almost the entire Bill's passing game. In our league, we figured that he got about 10 points per Bill's WR each week which is what you want. If the boys do indeed go run heavy, you will want that production.

I don't mind the move, one because I think Barber has a better shot at a good year than Portis, and two because it does also effectively handcuff the cowboys runners.

The risk in playing them both is what happens if they get shut down......or one guy really catches fire and dominates and Phillips uses him because he's riding the hot hand....hard to say what the right approach is until we actually see the RBBC in action.

So yes it's a solid trade

Best of Luck,

WashD

Wait on that trade. After the Giants game, Portis has STL, DET, TAM, CAR, KC. Sell high after the DET game or even after the KC game. I think you can do better that buying into the mess in the Dallas backfield.

Very fair feedback...especially calling out Portis's soft schedule I like him to be very successful in 4/5 of those games...probably better to wait and see if you can get additional value for Portis over and above just barber (or elsewhere if you wish)

WD