[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potential trade: Tomlinson for Wayne

CitizenSnips

Start 2RB, 3WR, std scoring.

I was just offered LDT for Reggie Wayne by a dumb owner. Is there more to Ladanians ankle injury than the game-time decision indicates?

It would leave me fantastically weak at WR.

I currently have

RB: MJD, Kevin Smith, Stewart, Benson, Coffee

WR: Wayne, Roy Williams, Antonio Byrant Lance Moore, Coles, Chambers, Sidney Rice

He has

LDT, Ronnie Brown, Pierre Thomas, Willie Parker, Bradshaw,

Calvin Johnson, Hixon, Issac Bruce, Ingram

Do I trade and then try to move Smith for a WR or stand pat?

If I had Tomlinson & someone offered me Wayne for him, I'd make that trade in a second, and then treat them to dinner.

Here's the latest top 35 overall rankings from Fantasy Index:

1 RB MIN Adrian Peterson

2 QB NO Drew Brees

3 WR NE Randy Moss

4 RB JAC Maurice Jones-Drew

5 QB NE Tom Brady

6 RB ATL Michael Turner

7 RB CHI Matt Forte

8 RB CAR DeAngelo Williams

9 WR ARI Larry Fitzgerald

10 WR IND Reggie Wayne

11 WR GB Greg Jennings

12 QB IND Peyton Manning

13 WRHOUAndre Johnson

14 QB GB Aaron Rodgers

15 RB SF Frank Gore

16 WR ATL Roddy White

17 WRDET Calvin Johnson

18 RB STL Steven Jackson

19 RB TEN Chris Johnson

20 RB NYG Brandon Jacobs

21 RB BAL Ray Rice

22 RB GB Ryan Grant

23 WRCAR Steve Smith

24 WR NE Wes Welker

25 WR ARI Anquan Boldin

26 QB SD Philip Rivers

27 RB CIN Cedric Benson

28 WR CIN Chad Ochocinco

29 RB DET Kevin Smith

30 RB HOUSteve Slaton

31 WR SD Vincent Jackson

32 RB PHI Brian Westbrook

33 TE IND Dallas Clark

34 RB DAL Marion Barber

35 QB ATL Matt Ryan

If you don't see Tomlinson on this list, it's because they're ranking him a few slots below Marion Barber.

It didn't take long for everyone to jump ship. The #1 rule in fantasy sports is DON'T PANIC. I see no better bye low than LDT. Sproles will not be able to carry the load all year. If he's used as much as last week he won't even last half the year IMO. LDT will get the goal line carries and the bulk of the load. Maybe not this week, maybe not the week after, but he will be a top 10 back this year.

As for the trade......I say no. This is based on need only. You don't need another running back. You would be sitting Smith and starting a crummy reciever. However, the value WOULD be in your favor if you were able to move Smith.

It didn't take long for everyone to jump ship. The #1 rule in fantasy sports is DON'T PANIC. I see no better bye low than LDT. Sproles will not be able to carry the load all year. If he's used as much as last week he won't even last half the year IMO. LDT will get the goal line carries and the bulk of the load. Maybe not this week, maybe not the week after, but he will be a top 10 back this year.

As for the trade......I say no. This is based on need only. You don't need another running back. You would be sitting Smith and starting a crummy reciever. However, the value WOULD be in your favor if you were able to move Smith.

How can you say sproles won't last and LT will? Who was on the sideline hurt and who scored the winning touchdown? If you want to predict injuries then your breaking fantasy football rule number two. Sproles will be there all year and hopefully LT will too, therefore LT will not be a top 10 back this year. I heard a Reggie Wayne interview and he definately wants to prove this year that he is that #1 elite receiver without Marvin. There is no way I would give up Reggie.