[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to bench out of Portis, Rice, & Sproles

PopeScope

Portis & Rice have great matchups this week against Detroit and Cleveland, respectively, but my league gives 1 point per 20 yards for kick/punt returns. This makes Sproles more than a solid option for me against Miami. I want to start all of them obviously, but which one do I sit? My league doesn't have a flex position. Thanks for any input!

I have no faith in Ray Rice anymore, with the two other RBs stepping up. No doubt he's a great player, but I don't see as much fantasy value as his ADP would have one believe.

Portis? I love the guy. He has been somewhat solid in the first two weeks and most rankings are projecting him to break out this week. I'm starting him for sure.

Sproles? Love him also. Incredibly impressed with his ability and I can see him getting majority of playing time even when LT comes back.

That said - I'd go with Portis and Sproles. Projections for this week favor Portis A LOT, and I'm personally looking for a season high. Here's hoping. :wacko: Sproles is a great RB and, judging from his kick returns last week, has a chance to score a lot of points in your scoring format. Definitely a potent kick returner.

Edited by jdub!

True that jdub, here's to hoping haha. You really think it's a no-brainer to sit Rice, even though he's going up against the 31st worst rushing defense in the Browns? He's averaged a decent 10 pts per week in my league so far, compared to Portis' 8 and Sproles' amazing 24.5.

Edited by PopeScope

Sometimes I ramble... lol.

Take back what I said in my previous post. Sit Sproles and start Rice and Portis. I don't really expect Sproles to gain that many points again in the entire season, and I consider him a "streaky" player (I know it's early in the season). The Ravens will run all over the Browns this week.

Take it for what it's worth. Can you tell I love all of these RBs? :D I still think Sproles has amazing potential, but for definite fantasy points, Portis and Rice it is. Let's hope that McGahee slows down a bit and gives Rice a good chance :wacko:

Edited by jdub!