[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: Fitzy, Smith (NYG), Colston

Biggy

I'm lucky enough to be the number one team this season. Last week I gambled and benched Colston for Steve Smith (NYG) and it cost me a point.

Need some thoughts from other brains, can only start two:

Colston

Fitzgerald

S. Smith (NYG)

I'm leaning towards Fitz and Smith, how big of a gamble is it to bench Fitzy? Is this his breakout week? Indy has the Number 1 pass defense against with allowing only 140 yards per game. And Warner is struggling.

Help me find my stones and convince me to start Colston and S. Smith and bench my number one pick!

I'm lucky enough to be the number one team this season. Last week I gambled and benched Colston for Steve Smith (NYG) and it cost me a point.

Colston

Fitzgerald

S. Smith (NYG)

I'm leaning towards Fitz and Smith, how big of a gamble is it to bench Fitzy? Is this his breakout week? Indy has the Number 1 pass defense against with allowing only 140 yards per game. And Warner is struggling.

Help me find my stones and convince me to start Colston and S. Smith and bench my number one pick!

Warner is struggling? Last week he threw like two or three incompletions. Don't get cute here.

Warner is struggling? Last week he threw like two or three incompletions. Don't get cute here.

yeah, work your progression until week 4 or 5 and then make adjustments as needed and consider variable change to their situations....

right now you start Fitz and Colston.....those are your starters until Smith pretty much forces you to start him...

it's only week 3 right now, so you have to try and put in the most sensible lineup...

also...check out my post a bit below when you get a chance..

Colston

Fitzgerald

S. Smith (NYG)

I am a huge Indy fan and the only reason we are the #1 pass D is because people know they can run on us all day long. Yes we have had a pretty good Pass D in the past and our goal is for manning is to put up 30 points and then watch our Def dominate because of our pass rush by Freeney and Mathis.

But because of this, Arizona will probably run on us more than usual this week, decreasing the amount of balls going Fitz's way.

Steve Smith is facing a scored on in all ways TB DEF.

And you can never sit Brees to Colston and that high powered offense.

I am not saying to sit Fitz, because I always go with consistency and Fitz has been a #1 for many years now, that's why he's a 99 in Madden 10.

Personally I would go with Fitz and Colston, but its hard to sit the other Steve Smith with the numbers below.

In 2 games.....again its only 2 games

Steve Smith has been targeted 21 times and caught 16, 214 yards and 1 TD

Fitz targeted 16 times and 10 catches, 105 yards and 2 TD's

Colston targeted 14 times and caught 11, 128 yards and 3 TD's

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=298642

Edited by Wheelz81

this is EXACTLY why I posted and my conundrum. Smith torched the Cowboys and the Cowboys torched TBB, so that should mean Smith will go off on TBB as well. Brees / Colston torches whomever they play. And I've played Fantasy enough to know that even if you draft a guy first round, you go with the hot hand, and the hot hand is NOT Warner / Fitzgerald, especially against the number 1 pass defense, whatever the reasons.

As far as Fitz being a number 1 and consistency, "What have you done for me lately, Arizona Cardinals?" FF is a game of current statistics, not how has he been the past few years.

I'm still leaning towards benching Fitz, will be a game time decision though. please post more thoughts, great conversation so far!

I am a huge Indy fan and the only reason we are the #1 pass D is because people know they can run on us all day long. Yes we have had a pretty good Pass D in the past and our goal is for manning is to put up 30 points and then watch our Def dominate because of our pass rush by Freeney and Mathis.

But because of this, Arizona will probably run on us more than usual this week, decreasing the amount of balls going Fitz's way.

Steve Smith is facing a scored on in all ways TB DEF.

And you can never sit Brees to Colston and that high powered offense.

I am not saying to sit Fitz, because I always go with consistency and Fitz has been a #1 for many years now, that's why he's a 99 in Madden 10.

Personally I would go with Fitz and Colston, but its hard to sit the other Steve Smith with the numbers below.

In 2 games.....again its only 2 games

Steve Smith has been targeted 21 times and caught 16, 214 yards and 1 TD

Fitz targeted 16 times and 10 catches, 105 yards and 2 TD's

Colston targeted 14 times and caught 11, 128 yards and 3 TD's

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=298642

It's a no brainer dude Fitz and Colston don't overthink it.

Why is this a no-brainier? What stats / situation would demand this to be so committed? Smith and Colston have great matchups and great starts to the season. Please help me understand this definite reaction!