[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too many RB's for BYE week

7YL3R

The Bye week is going to hit me hard

Have

Fitz

Ryan

T. Gonzalez

all on bye this week, and I'm carrying 5 RB's on my roster. Looking for some advice on who to go forward with, gotta clear our 2 of these guys.

Ahmad Bradshaw vs KC

Pierre Thomas vs NYJ

Ronnie Brown vs BUF

Knowshon Moreno vs DAL

LeSean McCoy on BYE

I need to make 2 spots on the roster for a TE and a defensive player to start next week.

Thanks for the help

The Bye week is going to hit me hard

Have

Fitz

Ryan

T. Gonzalez

all on bye this week, and I'm carrying 5 RB's on my roster. Looking for some advice on who to go forward with, gotta clear our 2 of these guys.

Ahmad Bradshaw vs KC

Pierre Thomas vs NYJ

Ronnie Brown vs BUF

Knowshon Moreno vs DAL

LeSean McCoy on BYE

I need to make 2 spots on the roster for a TE and a defensive player to start next week.

Thanks for the help

Wow you have good RB depth. Tough to let go of any. But if you gotta drop 2 I would drop McCoy and Moreno. McCoy is on a bye so he will have to absorb a spot on someones roster for a week, plus Westbrook may return diminishing his value. Moreno is the lesser of the remaining 3 in my opinion.

Have you thought about this strategy? Maintaining a roster spot and leaving the Kicker spot vacant for 1 week. It's a bold move, but not so much if you have a winning record. Best scenario is you still win w/o a kicker and maintain a potential key player for a one week sacrifice of 8-12 pts.

As you can see in my signature I am in the same boat. Currently have no kicker yet for this weekend. Will be a last minute decision unless injuries dictate. However, I dont have the luxury of being 3-0, Im 1-2 and lost 1st week with second highest point total of the league for that week. I hate that when it happens. I would feel much more comfortable doing this at 2-1 vs 1-2. But no pain no gain, and desperate times call for desperate measures. My league is only a 10 man league and 6 make the playoffs so that factors in as well as how many teams are behind me.

Overall this I think this is a great strategy personally. I know some may disagree, but for a 1 week stretch and considering all factors this strategy may just hold some merit.

Do us a favor and edit your signature and include your league format, starting roster, players, current record so that the best advice can be given. Right now I'm kinda giving advice blindfolded.

Edited by gman62

Wow you have good RB depth. Tough to let go of any. But if you gotta drop 2 I would drop McCoy and Moreno. McCoy is on a bye so he will have to absorb a spot on someones roster for a week, plus Westbrook may return diminishing his value. Moreno is the lesser of the remaining 3 in my opinion.

Have you thought about this strategy? Maintaining a roster spot and leaving the Kicker spot vacant for 1 week. It's a bold move, but not so much if you have a winning record. Best scenario is you still win w/o a kicker and maintain a potential key player for a one week sacrifice of 8-12 pts.

As you can see in my signature I am in the same boat. Currently have no kicker yet for this weekend. Will be a last minute decision unless injuries dictate. However, I dont have the luxury of being 3-0, Im 1-2 and lost 1st week with second highest point total of the league for that week. i hate that when it happens.

Thanks for the reply. I actually was thinking of doing this. I'm a fantasy rookie and thought this was an original idea lol. My league plays a defensive player so I was thinking of leaving that spot open just to hang on to 4 running backs. I talked myself out if it because it sounded so newb. I'm 3-0 and my matchup this week the guy I'm playing has DeAngelo Williams on bye so that also benefits me.

Be aware some league may not allow empty roster position spots. If yours does I would certainly entertain it considering you are 3-0.

Consider this possible scenario. What if Westbrook's injury turns out to be more serious or slower to heal? You hung on to McCoy for what was basically 10 pts. It could be the best 10 points you ever sacrificed. Especially this year with Gore, Westbrook, LT, Barber, KSmith biting the injury bug just to name a few big names.

So your problem of too many good RBs is a good thing to have as long as they are good RBs.

Additional strategy: Since you are 3-0 you have a better than average odds of making your league's playoffs. It's never too early to peak at the matchups in weeks 14-16 (if that's your playoff weeks) to determine who to drop all things being equal. Gotta be careful here though. For example, the NYG RBs can run on the best of teams. So if your player plays for a premier running team don't put too much emphasis on SOS (strength of schedule).

Edited by gman62